Jumper lead cable

Could I use this to replace the jumper lead cable on 24 volt minnkota batteries running in parallel
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    Quote Originally Posted by irisher85 View Post
    Could I use this to replace the jumper lead cable on 24 volt minnkota batteries running in parallel
    You are saying you are using two 24volt batteries operating them in parallel with jumpers?

Most of us 24 volt MinnKota owners use two 12 volt (not 24 volt) batteries in series (not parallel) using a single jumper similar to the type you posted which would would work if both trolling motor batteries have threaded studs. Ideally you want to use a shorter jumper cable that is using marine grade wiring, especially so if you boat in brackish or salt waters.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 06-26-2017 at 08:57 PM.

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lou r Pitcher View Post
    You are saying you are using two 24volt batteries operating them in parallel with jumpers?

Most of us 24 volt MinnKota owners use two 12 volt (not 24 volt) batteries in series (not parallel) using a single jumper similar to the type you posted which would would work if both trolling motor batteries have threaded studs. Ideally you want to use a shorter jumper cable that is using marine grade wiring, especially so if you boat in brackish or salt waters.

Sorry; yes I'm running two 12 volts not 24 and the batteries do have threaded posts. The cable I have is 6gauge and 12 inches. Just need one until marine replacement arrives

4. Member
    The lands of the former Republic of Texas
    6AWG at 12inches is going to work fine provided it reaches without the wire crossing directly over the top of capped battery cells and any released gasses......the resultant voltage drop would be negligible and 6 AWG' is fine for safety for any currents needed by a MinnKota trolling motor.

But if permanently replacing the jumper, good to go ahead and upgrade the wire gauge size.
    Last edited by Lou r Pitcher; 06-26-2017 at 09:17 PM.