basscat trailer fenders

it would be nice to have a choice on the fenders on the trailers like the fenders that are on the chargers an champs an phoenix. i think it would be cool. i own a basscat but like the fenders on the cargers an champs better. jus sayin is all.

Then your liking is a steel fender.

Can't imagine liking a stamped metal fender over the smooth flowing lines of a BassCat trailer fender, even a single axle.
    BassCat '17 Sabre DC FTD Advantage Elite
    175 Yamaha SHO
    MK Fortrex 80

4. Indiana Bass Club Moderator billius's Avatar
    I sure like the looks of the BCB fenders better than the steel, but if a tire flies apart the steel would surely hold up better I'd think. Of course a tire blowing up and shredding isn't a common event.
    Bill Gard
    Richmond, Indiana
    2015 BassCat Caracal/225ProXs
    TEAM SHERM'S MARINE
    Of course I talk to myself...sometimes I need expert advice.

5. Member
    My glass fender held up to a tire shredding at 80 mph didn't even spiderweb the gelcoat.

6. Member
    I like em both but given the choice id probably choose stainless myself.
    Paul

No better looking fender (to me) than the fiberglass fenders on a BCB trailer. Best looking, best built trailer in the industry.
    To each his own though.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

I like the current BCB fenders too. I had a Cooper let go and did not damage the fender. The tread really beat it up until I could stop. The fender did not get a scratch. The wiring and lights were another story. I was VERY happy with the fender's sturdiness.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    Most of the Phoenix boats that I have seen have the painted steel fenders. Personally, I think it is a shame to take a nice looking rig like that and put it on a trailer with cheap looking fenders like that. The stainless option that they have look better. Don't know if they offer fibreglass, but that would really add to their look IMO.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S

10. Member
    I like the BCB fenders, but if you have a blowout and it doesn't damage the fender you were lucky.

I have had two blow outs and both destroyed the fenders, lights and wiring.

12. Member
    Glass fenders are cool....until they fade. I'll take steel anytime.

13. Member
    If you have had two blow outs, you really ought to self-evaluate your maintenance checks. I've been towing a boat for 50 years now and have NEVER had a blowout on trailer or tow vehicle, nor have I had a bearing failure strand me either. I check hub temps at both ends of EACH and every trip I make. I check the tire pressures. Every month or two I check the inner wheel seals for leaking.

That being said, I don't tow more than maybe 300-400 miles one way. 90% is about 25 miles one way.

BTW if your glass fenders fade, your boat is also fading. Mine is parked in doors and the fenders match the hull perfectly and are as white as can be, 10 years after the boat was built.
    2008 Bass Cat Pantera Classic
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

14. Member
    I like the looks of the Basscat fenders, certainly looks better than most, IMO.

15. Member
    I noticed today that as I walk through the parking lot to get my truck to load boat, I can pick out the 'cats at a glance. The majority have stamped round steel fenders, some with chrome or stainless diamond steps. The bass cat rig looks like everything goes together. Plenty of ranger trailers that look good as well.
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

16. Member
    Not a cat owner but I have a Skeeter 20i with fiberglass fenders. Dad has a Skeeter ZX20 parked right next to mine with steel fenders. Hands down the looks go to the fiberglass fenders but with the three small molded steps on my fiberglass I have to know exactly where to step when exiting to not slide off and go all the way to the ground. When exiting his boat, you have a complete flat area to step out onto with no issues of slipping off. Again, mine look better but the steel function much better for entry and exit on my brand. I can't speak specifically for the cats but the Rangers are worse than mine. I hope my next trailer has anything other than fiberglass for that reason alone. I'm still young compared to many on here but football, weightlifting, snowboarding, and dirt bikes have not been easy on my knees and back. Function over fashion for me when possible. Food for thought with another perspective.

17. Member
    My old Skeeter had metal fenders, and they would were not sturdy and after two years the rivets wore out, welds broke and such. Literally couldn't support the weight from stepping on them. Granted this was a 2000 model and I'm sure things have changed.

With the glass fenders, I never feel like my fat butt is breaking them just by stepping on them.

18. Member
    I have had both. My previous Astro had steel fenders. I could step behind the wheel, in front of the wheel, or on the rubber pad glued to the top of the wheel well. On my 08 classic, I can step behind the wheel, in front of the wheel, or on top of the wheel, all having the non-slip material BCB uses. I don't see ANY difference in terms of where/how I have to step. On either my classic or old Astro, I could not step anywhere on the wheel well itself other than on the top, without risking slipping.
    2014 Mercury Pro XS 200

19. Member
    I would like a stainless option also,I just like the look

20. Member
    I think the steel fenders scream cheap.
    60k boat and same fenders as a 4 wheeler trailer, only stainless.
    They are also very slippery to step on when wet. So unless you
    Add nonslip to it, you eat concrete.
    If your fiberglass fender faded, than you need to keep it covered or waxed.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs