Dock attacked my gas cap!

I have a 2003, 206. A dock took the top right off. Went to remove it and it appears to be a very long filler neck. Won't budge. Do I need to remove the seats, ect to get to the gas tank to fix this?

2. Member
    Was it one like this, or a circular one?

https://greatlakesskipper.com/perko-...nk-vent-144681

Either way, they are a beeotch to get loose from the hose. Very well may have to get to the tank end, that flat sucks.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

3. Member
    Yep, that's it. Should I be able to pull it out or will I break something if I force it?

4. Member
    I pulled mine out before on my 03 206. Its possible with some wrist strength to break it free. Just dont break it off.

5. Member
    There are two hoses hoooked up to it. Both will very likely have to be removed from underneath. It depends on whether there is enough slack to pull them above the gunnel, and whether the cutout in the glass is large enough for the clamps to come thru the glass. In my case, 06 206, I had to pull the seat base and it was still quite difficult to get the clamps off and back on the new one, especially the back on part because I could only get one hand where it needed to go.

6. Member
    I've got a new cap coming. I'm going to see if I can just replace the top part only ( gas cap). There is a plastic pin that holds it together. Should be able, I hope, to remove the pin and put the new cap on.

7. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by captzapp View Post
    I've got a new cap coming. I'm going to see if I can just replace the top part only ( gas cap). There is a plastic pin that holds it together. Should be able, I hope, to remove the pin and put the new cap on.
    Please update when you try this

8. Member
    Will do.

9. Member
    Update: the pin that holds the cap to the base, is a light press fit. Gently pushed the pin out, of the old and new one. Put the new top on the old base, and push in the pin. Very easy��

10. Member
    That's great, lucky to avoid a huge hassle there. Glad it worked out.
    Kevin | 2000 Champion 19​1 | 2000 Yamaha OX66 200hp

11. Member
    Me too!