Thread: Fishing again

Fishing again

I am fishing again after about 35 years. I bought a boat with HDS 7 and HDS 5 on it. Boat is 2010 and I think they came on the boat new.
    I have been looking at all the new electronics and it is all very confusing!!! What are the main differences between Lowrance, Hummingbird, and Raymarine?
    I am leaning toward Raymarine but would like to hear from some that have used the others.
    What Raymarine set up would you recommend for someone that has not fished since the only thing we used a graph for was mainly depth.

Thanks

Chuck

2. Banned
    the units you already have are just fine. you could learn a lot just using them. add sidescan to them if they dont already have it.

3. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Warranty and customer service.
    Personal choice is better images on Birds and Ray! Best bang for the buck is the new Axiom!

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Schins View Post
    the units you already have are just fine. you could learn a lot just using them. add sidescan to them if they dont already have it.
    Will the structure scan work with the older non touch screen models and will the results be as good as the Raymarine?

5. Banned
    yes, they will work. the new raymarine will likely have better imaging, but not by much. imaging has improved , but not by leaps and bounds.

6. Banned
    and one area your HDS's have over the new Axioms is you can record your scans and view them later on your computer. this is very important to me, and im a little baffled as to why the Axioms cant do it.

7. Banned
    on the other hand, you could just sell what you have and put it towards the raymarine

Raymarine customer service is just amazing. I really like it when you can call and don't have to wait on hold for hours and if you leave them a message that get right back to you.
    Last edited by BasscatTim; 07-11-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Ya and the tech that was actually repairing my unit called me.