Thread: Yamalube?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Yamalube?

Is there any advantage of using yamalube brand 2 stroke oil over any of the other brands? If there isn't what brand is every one running in the ox66 efi motors?
    2001 tr-21 triton 225 Yamaha xo66

If you own a Yamaha, and Yamaha makes oil for that engine, why would you use anything else?

3. Banned
    Yamalube is known to smoke and foul plugs (and an O2 sensor if so equipped) moreso that other brands of TC-W3 oil.

Many many many that have had smoking issues and plugs fouling have reported that their problems all but disappear when switching to say Pennzoil 100% synthetic.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jethro1 View Post
    Yamalube is known to smoke and foul plugs (and an O2 sensor if so equipped) moreso that other brands of TC-W3 oil.

Many many many that have had smoking issues and plugs fouling have reported that their problems all but disappear when switching to say Pennzoil 100% synthetic.
    Can I just switch?Or would I need to run/ drain all the old oil out.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    If you own a Yamaha, and Yamaha makes oil for that engine, why would you use anything else?
    there's a sporting goods store closing and the oil is 20% off

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco73 View Post
    there's a sporting goods store closing and the oil is 20% off

7. Member
    I like amsoil.

8. Member

Tru dat!!
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

9. Member

10. Member
    The advantage is your motor will last longer. Any mechanic will tell you that Yamaha oil is one of the best oils on the market if not the best. Don’t short change a motor with cheap oil it will bite you in the ass.

11. Banned
    Any shop that sells yamalube will tell ya it's the best.

Pennzoil premium plus is all you need. There was a recent thread on this very subject.
    2024 Phoenix 818, Mercury 175 (3B414035) Trick Steps, 3 Garmin 106 SV,s, LVS 34. BoatEFX dual bow mount. Ionic 12V 125AH, 2 12V 100 ah LiTime’s for the TM. Minn Kota 345 PCL charger,

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Any shop that sells yamalube will tell ya it's the best.
    I didn't say any shop I said any mechanic theirs a difference

14. Member

I'm not trying to be argumentative at all, and I don't really care much which oil one chooses to use, I just want to offer some personal experience.
    I have owned 4 Yamaha's so far - a 1990 150 "Precision Blend" carbed 150, a 1996 Vmax 150 Carbed, a 2000 model V-Max "OX66" 225, and a 2008 Vmax HPDI 250 Series 2. I bought my first one in 1996, and am still running the 250 HPDI with 350 hours on it. I've never run anything but Yamalube 2M in all of them.
    Have never had "smoking issues" (unless I got my Marlboro pack wet, LOL) Not once have I ever fouled a plug, or had even one "O2" sensor foul up. Just saying, Yamalube may have given some folks "issues", just not me, but maybe I'm the lucky one, LOL

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VIDRINE View Post
    I didn't say any shop I said any mechanic theirs a difference
    Any shop should have a mechanic even one who has a shade tree or as jethro would say "a back yard dinger" yamalube is dirty but you can spend your money on it if you wish.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    Any shop should have a mechanic even one who has a shade tree or as jethro would say "a back yard dinger" yamalube is dirty but you can spend your money on it if you wish.
    So what do you recommend Rich Z?
    Phoenix 721 - Yamaha SHO 250 - 8' Blades

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dstep0 View Post
    So what do you recommend Rich Z?
    I'd like to know the answer also.

18. Member
    [QUOTE=jethro1;8521450]Yamalube is known to smoke and foul plugs (and an O2 sensor if so equipped) moreso that other brands of TC

I have run Yamalube in my motor hpdi for 14 years and have never fouled a plug or had issues with the o2 sensor. Just saying. Unless you have a real old carb motor then any tc3 oil should work.

19. Member
    [QUOTE=geobass;8545787]
    Yamalube is known to smoke and foul plugs (and an O2 sensor if so equipped) moreso that other brands of TC

I have run Yamalube in my motor hpdi for 14 years and have never fouled a plug or had issues with the o2 sensor. Just saying. Unless you have a real old carb motor then any tc3 oil should work.
    16 years and haven't seen one of those issues also
    2001 2200v Pathfinder, 150 HPDI,
    Helix 9si on the console and a 998c HD SI on my iPilot Riptide
    Diablo Amigo Kayak

20. Member
    If u wanna buy yammalube at $40 a gallon plus a $10 for the ring free then knock yourself out. Been running penzoil xlf with no issues for years. Its $17.95 a gallon
    I don't always find schooling fish but when I do I backlash on the first cast

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast