Thread: Camping World?

Camping World?

Hey guys, I picked up a brand new 2017 Mallard on Saturday. Took it to the camp ground and it rained like crazy that night. The next morning my wife found the carpet soaking wet. Surely that isn't the first time that it leaked!? Shouldn't they exchange that one for a new one that doesn't leak. The slide was out all the way. I was asked that. No windows or vents were left open. They did come pick it up this morning. Anyone ever have dealings with Camping World

OKAY THEY DID IT PICKED UP A NEW UNIT TONIGHT They exchanged for a new unit that was checked and didn't leak. Camping World of Bartow Florida will stand behind their units. Can you tell that I'm happy.
    Last edited by cripplesnake; 06-29-2017 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Resolved

2. Banned
    Not a good start,With a new camper,I would pressure camping world to give you a new camper.If it's been on dealer lot for a while and has seen lots of rain,it has to have unseen water damage something you don't need once warranty expires.

well bad deal, but had several campers and a MH over the years. Never went for any slide outs, and Did have a new TT with rubberized roof 6 yrs ago. It was kept up but still had a leak in rear area. So 2 yrs ago bought a Used Older model TT with metal roof. no slide outs, and no issues. Too many mfgs out for fast mfg, cheap costs and high profits any more, and not much quality any more. been that way for many years now

4. Member
    If the water soaked through to the wood floor, it will eventually rot, and be moldy, compromising the structural integrity, that's the reality. Not being too rude here, water devours RV's.

My son-in-law is the service manager for Camping World here in Edmond. I'll ask him about it today when I see him.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

6. Member
    Suppose to pick up a New replacement on Thursday. Great customer service if this happens like it should.

Quote Originally Posted by cripplesnake View Post
    Suppose to pick up a New replacement on Thursday. Great customer service if this happens like it should.

My S-in-L just left. I read your original post first and he said it was like buying a car...you drive it off the lot and you own it and all the problems. If there's a warranty problem then the service department goes to work to fix it. He said, ''It's not like a TV where if you take it home and it doesn't work, you take it back and get another."

Then I read your post from 5:44 today and he was surprised. He said it must have some real issues for them to give you an entirely new unit for replacement. He wants me to be sure and get the whole story on the outcome and what the problem is.
    Don't worry Ma'am....
    I'm only here for the
    Bass.

8. Member
    10-4 i'll keep u posted

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cripplesnake View Post
    Glad to hear camping world stepped up and did the right thing.That camper was probably going to be a nightmare for you.

10. Member
    It appears that it was leaking in the rear corner of the dinning room slide with the slide out. it leak with the slide in. They never even checked it yet from what I was told today. I guess the video that my wife took with the paper towel soaking up the water was enough. But I can't say enough about Camping World of Bartow Florida for stepping up and doing the right thing.

11. Banned
    Cant beat good reliable service

Glad to hear they took care of you.

98 Bullet 20XD
    225 Pro Max

13. Banned
    surprised they replaced it, but good that they did.