Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

well Monroe sucks as usual

just heard the results from the State Top 10 tournament this wkd at Monroe .... I saw out of 272 anglers - 99 anglers didn't catch a scoreable bass in 2 days ... wow , the dead sea never gets better....i mean we all know Indiana isn't the best state in the country for bass fishing , but why hold this thing in the worst lake in the state ??? ....maybe next year they can find a sulphur pit somewhere to hold it ....
    Last edited by blockzilla; 06-27-2017 at 02:45 PM.

2. Member
    Maybe we just suck?

Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    Maybe we just suck?
    Its true. I gave up on Indiana fishing years ago. I fish Kentucky and Barkley regularly and I still can't catch fish. Sure would have been nice to know this 20 years ago so I didn't spend all that money on boats and tackle.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Its true. I gave up on Indiana fishing years ago. I fish Kentucky and Barkley regularly and I still can't catch fish. Sure would have been nice to know this 20 years ago so I didn't spend all that money on boats and tackle.
    Yea I've started driving down there regularly since I suck in Indiana. Still have some days when I can only get a couple bites and 30 teams bring in over 20 lbs. Oh well, at least I catch healthy fish down there and not the skinny rats I catch up here.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M4A1 View Post
    Maybe we just suck?
    well we only suck because our fishing waters suck ...... if we had a guntersville or an okachobee here we might be better ... maybe ???? might not be us, after all even KVD couldn't catch a bass in my kitchen sink.... ....gotta be there to catch em ...

6. idbefishing
    Most of us suck but there are a few that know how to always catch them there. The saying that 10% of fisherman catch 90% of the fish is not accurate for this lake, more like 1% catch 90% of the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by ss View Post
    Kentucky Lake SUCKED Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by Esnow76 View Post
    Kentucky Lake SUCKED Saturday
    It was awesome Friday. I knew what I was doing wouldn't hold up for Saturday after the weather change, but I had to try anyway. It was like a bad day on Patoka.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

You guys would shit if you knew what's really in monroe. Just because they aren't easy to catch doesn't mean they aren't in there. Last night took over 10 lbs to win and it's a 3 fish limit. Big bass was 7lbs, Dead Sea my ass!!

I hear the best way to catch'em is to park your boat at four winds marina and fish from the docks all night..

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeterator View Post
    Definitely some good weights at the very top, but there were only 7 limits caught out of 73 entries? Not good numbers IMO. I don't fish there and these numbers sure wouldn't make me want to drive up there either. But, I suck too.

Basically what everyone wants that posts in these never ending "indiana sucks" threads is easy fishing. You guys want to catch em on anything all day long, a bass holding on every stump, acres of grass full of fish waiting to crush your frog on every cast etc and since reality isn't that way then all our lakes suck. Every tourney every week/weekend, the guys at the top show what's in these lakes, obviously the fish are here. If I don't go out and catch em I know it's my fault, cause they live here. You want easy fishin, go to boggs, you can catch em all day on a dog turd anywhere in the lake.

14. Member
    Well put Lee.
    Basscat!

15. Member
    Lol

16. Member
    Man oh man Lee is laying the hammer down. The fish are there they are just hard for some of us to catch.

17. Member
    Basically what everyone wants that posts in these never ending "indiana sucks" threads is easy fishing. You guys want to catch em on anything all day long, a bass holding on every stump, acres of grass full of fish waiting to crush your frog on every cast etc and since reality isn't that way then all our lakes suck. Every tourney every week/weekend, the guys at the top show what's in these lakes, obviously the fish are here. If I don't go out and catch em I know it's my fault, cause they live here. You want easy fishin, go to boggs, you can catch em all day on a dog turd anywhere in the lake.
    I suck so bad I need them to jump in the boat for me!!

Well put Lee.
    "It's even, but it ain't settled. Let's settle it." Fast Eddie
    I still can't believe they actually won...Cubs Fans Everywhere

19. Member
    I've only fished Monroe twice, 4th of July weekend in 2015 and 2016 while camping, and for a couple hours each time. But I was able to pull a 20" out on my first trip and an 18" out on the second. I've had worse luck on the lakes up here in the North many times.

20. Member
    Anglers choice had 11 boats yesterday........8 had limits.......yeah Monroe sucks.
    2002 518 DVX

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast