Angry Beware of Foremost Insurance Company

I recently sold my boat but while it was up for sale I had to renew the insurance which was up on May 7th. Well I sold the boat on June 17th. You'd think you'd get most of the premium back but not so with Foremost. The minimum premium is $100. My policy was $161 for the year. I cancelled it after 5 weeks. Well expecting about $120 back, I got a letter the other day telling me they are sending me $61! I jus want to inform everyone to check with the insurance company you use and see if there is a minimum premium. I wouldn't have renewed my policy and taken a chance for a month.
    BTW, the minimum premium of $100 is for one day on. So as soon as you sign that policy, you just paid Foremost $100, even if you cancel the next day! This is what Foremost customer service told me today.
    2018 G3 Sportsman 17 90 SHO

2. Member
    I'm assuming you are going with Bob at Worldwide Marine now? Bob is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellen O View Post
    I'm assuming you are going with Bob at Worldwide Marine now? Bob is awesome.
    Not just yes but YES!!!

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

4. Member
    Just to clarify, it is a minimum earned premium. Lots of companies handle this different ways...minimum earned premium (as in this case), cancel fees, 90% pro rate, etc. Sucks but it is how its done.