Added Power Poles

Added to 2 new 8ft blades to my X19 Friday! Had to re-organize my rear compartment to get the pumps in nice and neat.

Xpress X19/200SHO

2. Member
    Is that a CJ Bailey foil you have on there? If so, How do you like it? You will love the power poles.

3. Member
    That's awesome man! I'm ready to get me a set
    2016 Xpress X19 with Yamaha 200 SHO

Yes, its a Chris Bailey foil. Its on there to help protect the lower unit incase I happen to sling a blade on another prop. Slung 3 already and the first one tore up my lower unit....2 TXP OT4's and a ProMax.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

5. Member
    Looking GOOD my friend.
    ~~~~2016 X-19 YAMAHA - 200SHO & LOVE IT~~~

6. Member
    Looking good. Any pics of compartment and how you installed pumps? My 2nd pole arrives tomorrow.
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

7. Member
    Looking good! Looks fast sitting still!!

8. Banned
    Looks good

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    Yes, its a Chris Bailey foil. Its on there to help protect the lower unit incase I happen to sling a blade on another prop. Slung 3 already and the first one tore up my lower unit....2 TXP OT4's and a ProMax.
    What do you think is causing it??? Just curious. PM or Messenger if needed.
    '09 Ranger Z520 Silverado Edition / '09 Evinrude ETEC 250 HO
    '15 Xpress HD16DBX / Merc 59ci

10. Member
    Oh yea ..... 'Poles look good too!

Interested in hearing if you notice any kind of handling or performance difference after a few fishing trips.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    What do you think is causing it??? Just curious. PM or Messenger if needed.
    He's got a gazillion HP

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

Thanks guys, cant wait to get a few fishing trips in to try them out.
    I had a few pics of the pumps but my granddaughter decided I didn't need them on my phone anymore.... I'll take a couple later today. Still have a few wires I need to clean up.
    Not sure why I cant keep a 4 blade prop on this thing. The only time they sling a blade is when I would run the boat over 84-85mph. It was like clock work, guaranteed the next trip out, a blade was coming off. TXP and the Promax props have the thickest blades so I have no clue.
    For now my Scorpion has held up. Ran it to 85 with 2 people a couple weeks ago and so far its still has all 3 blades left!
    Xpress X19/200SHO

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by T-Bob View Post
    Not sure why I cant keep a 4 blade prop on this thing. The only time they sling a blade is when I would run the boat over 84-85mph. It was like clock work, guaranteed the next trip out, a blade was coming off. TXP and the Promax props have the thickest blades so I have no clue.
    For now my Scorpion has held up. Ran it to 85 with 2 people a couple weeks ago and so far its still has all 3 blades left!
    Bobby ...... so no problem with any 3 blade, just the 4's ..... is that correct? So no problem out of a regular 3 blade TXP, just the TXP OT4???

Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    He's got a gazillion HP
    True ...... but so does a 300X and a 3.2L Stroker 300XS, as well as a lot more higher HP outboard race engines out there.

What I'm wondering is it compounded by high torque, high RPM, high HP .... and the fact that water can only come off the bottom of a Xpress hull 'only so clean'???? (unless you flip them over and glass the hull) ..... IDK. Just trying to figure it out.

Bobby, if you'd run my slow-motor you wouldn't be having these issues. ..... but really I'm

Quote Originally Posted by Ranger391v View Post
    Bobby ...... so no problem with any 3 blade, just the 4's ..... is that correct? So no problem out of a regular 3 blade TXP, just the TXP OT4???

Bobby, if you'd run my slow-motor you wouldn't be having these issues. ..... but really I'm
    Yes, it is just the 4 blades. The Scorpion is the first 3 blade that I have put some hours on. Holeshot is great and midrange is awesome! Tested a couple others but settle on the Scorpion. I bought another Scorpion and sent it to Brian at Holeshot Propeller for some tweaks. Cant wait to get it back & see what it will do!

HAHAHA, Im sure I'll be a little slower now with the Power poles.
    Xpress X19/200SHO

Here are the pumps. Installed on the passenger side.

Xpress X19/200SHO

16. Member
    looks good
    2015 Xpress X19/ Yamaha VMAX 175 SHO

17. Member
    Love it T-Bob! Y'all doing all right down there? Haven't been on here for awhile, been too busy fishing. Big Red has been a blast to drive and fish out of so far. Been winning some money out of her too, almost enough to keep the oil reservoir topped off with that high dollar DFI oil, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by jprivernut View Post
    Love it T-Bob! Y'all doing all right down there? Haven't been on here for awhile, been too busy fishing. Big Red has been a blast to drive and fish out of so far. Been winning some money out of her too, almost enough to keep the oil reservoir topped off with that high dollar DFI oil, haha.
    Doing good buddy! Glad Big Red is still running strong. It's was a fish catching machine down here in the south. Glad you guys are still catching fish with it!
    Xpress X19/200SHO