Loctite 271 or 272?

Replacing composite shaft on minn kota pd55. cannot find loctite 272 in small quantity, will 271 work just as good with its low viscosity? thanks.

I replaced the shaft on a Maxxum 70 and Mr. Jones at Jones Trolling motor Service told me to use "Blue" locktite. He specifically said to not use the "red".
    I suggest you call Mr. Jones. He will advise you on the locktite and talk you through the process. I am sure he will weigh in here at some point but he always seems glad to help over the phone too.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Reynolds View Post
    I replaced the shaft on a Maxxum 70 and Mr. Jones at Jones Trolling motor Service told me to use "Blue" locktite. He specifically said to not use the "red".
    I suggest you call Mr. Jones. He will advise you on the locktite and talk you through the process. I am sure he will weigh in here at some point but he always seems glad to help over the phone too.
    Bill, you got it backwards. On the shaft, use red. On the pinion screws use blue. Blue can be broke loose with a screwdriver, red has to be heated to break it loose.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jonestrollingmotor View Post
    Bill, you got it backwards. On the shaft, use red. On the pinion screws use blue. Blue can be broke loose with a screwdriver, red has to be heated to break it loose.
    Oops - Sorry I can't seem to trust my memory these days.

I try to drive as if my 16 year old Grandson is following me
    Speak as if he is listening and act as if he is watching

5. Member
    If there's one thing you don't want to come loose, it's that shaft. My T/M takes a beating, the shaft's still tight (knock on wood).