Ranger 518 prop advice

Need help with prop advice on my 99 ranger 518 with 2000 2.5 mercury 200 efi. Have 4 group 27 batteries, one talon and a th marine z lock manual jackplate. Currently running a 23p tempest plus. holeshot is good with 2 ppls but slows down with 3. top speed is 60 at 5800. I've tried the a trophy 25 with horrible holeshot with the cavitation ring on. With the ring off and custom plugs plugged on the holes, holeshot is slightly better but still bad. It is great with me alone tho. currently have the prop to pad at 3inches. Heard the trophy is good for these 518s. Should i raise up the motor another 1/4" and have smaller plugs in rather than completely closed? also with the cavitation ring off it got a ton of milfoil stuck in it when i was motoring out of a grassy area, so idk if it's a good idea anymore to have it off?
    99 Ranger 518dvx w 200 merc efi

2. Member
    Having a issue loaded down getting on plane too. From advice I gained. The plugs is for your holeshot, and keep unplugging them until it starts blowing out. I took all mine out, but haven't ran it yet, I only had one plug in last weekend with a big hole. Again someone that knows will chime in. This is what I have picked up on.
    RANGER BOATS

3. Member
    The trophy isn't a plus so the holes are quite small. I 3d printed my own plugs. I will play with it this weekend. Just sucks with the weeds getting stuck on the prop shaft when in very weeded areas with the cavitation ring off
    99 Ranger 518dvx w 200 merc efi