Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Banned

BFL on Falls! Who is?

Well its sure has been kicking my tail the past few weekend but I will be there. Fished one day 2 weeks ago and then again yesterday (Sunday) and I cant hardly buy a bite up shallow. I guess I'm going to have to move off the bank and find some deep. Looks like it is going to be a tough one for us guys not familiar with the lake.

2. Banned
    Run the gauntlet toward 85 upper lake end. Fish may be shallow during early morning feeding but the deeper water is few and far between. Some will sit in ditches a few feet deep because that is all there is. Very risky running once you make that right after you leave Ledge Rock ramp though. Seen many, many lower units lost up there. Just a thought.

3. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    Run the gauntlet toward 85 upper lake end. Fish may be shallow during early morning feeding but the deeper water is few and far between. Some will sit in ditches a few feet deep because that is all there is. Very risky running once you make that right after you leave Ledge Rock ramp though. Seen many, many lower units lost up there. Just a thought.
    That is where I have been fishing and I cant find them. I may end up out off the bank. I sure hope not but I'm about to give up on the bank.

I smell some internet smoke and mirrors!
    Sterling 22XS / Mercury Pro XS V8

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    Mark R.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by low slung cruiser View Post
    I wish that was the case but I'm sure my finish next week will provide the truth unless I can find more than I have now.

I gladly help people when I can but truth be known....I have not been on Falls since like April....and I have zero idea what the fish are doing right now. All I can say is history there which can bite me in the butt at times too. Summer weather = summer patterns. Look for a thermocline if one.

8. Member
    I'll be there. Gonna be a grind for sure. I'm planning on being there early as heck to avoid the hassles at ledgerock. It's all gonna depend on what boat number really, bad #, get in line lol. And whatever you do, don't take advice from Skidmark ^^^^^! Lol, Good luck to all you guys in it. Take it easy on me.
    Pimpin' ain't easy, but it's necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by NC519VX View Post
    I'll be there. Gonna be a grind for sure. I'm planning on being there early as heck to avoid the hassles at ledgerock. It's all gonna depend on what boat number really, bad #, get in line lol. And whatever you do, don't take advice from Skidmark ^^^^^! Lol, Good luck to all you guys in it. Take it easy on me.
    LOL just stay off my spots.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    LOL just stay off my spots.
    I can say with 100% certainty, I will not be fishing any "spot" of yours! Lol
    Pimpin' ain't easy, but it's necessary.

11. Member
    Me and my youngest were gonna signup before we had to go Kentucky Lake for his nationals. Gotta replenish the funds after all that. I have planned on fishing it since the schedule came out but I'm ok with it now after going out there for him.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

Quote Originally Posted by NC519VX View Post
    I can say with 100% certainty, I will not be fishing any "spot" of yours! Lol
    LOL I have mine well marked.....100's of boaters hit weighpoint on their FF when they rode by me. LOL Plus, not everyone knows that I taught ya everything ya know on Falls........

13. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkidMark View Post
    LOL I have mine well marked.....100's of boaters hit weighpoint on their FF when they rode by me. LOL Plus, not everyone knows that I taught ya everything ya know on Falls........
    Kinda hard to be incognito in a wrapped boat huh??!! lol
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

sure is and I have not had time to peel that old wrap off either.

15. Member
    Never been to Falls but sounds like ledge rock ramp will be a mess. Is the ramp near beaver creek dam good to use. Looks bigger than ledge rock ramp?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5pigs View Post
    Never been to Falls but sounds like ledge rock ramp will be a mess. Is the ramp near beaver creek dam good to use. Looks bigger than ledge rock ramp?
    I'm pretty sure you mean the Hwy. 50 ramp. And yes it's bigger with more parking and more docks but doesn't open until like 8 am. And this time of year it's a pay ramp. My son used to work for the park service there and the director will not open it earlier. Location wise it's the perfect ramp in middle of the lake but useless for tournaments.
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

17. Member
    Well dang .....thanks for the info!

18. Member
    No problem. On one hand I've planned on fishing this one since I've seen the schedule and only live ten minutes from Ledgerock but on the other hand I live ten minutes from Ledgerock and know how much of a cluster@$?! it's gonna be. lol
    Good luck
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

19. Banned
    Good luck to all!

20. Member
    Is there another ramp to put it at and idle over to Ledge Rock? The only other state ramp is Upper Barton, right? What about the other park ramps like the one directly across from Ledge Rock. Not sure why these BFL's in the Piedmont division keep using the ramps that really can't support the number of boats that are fishing. It's part of the fun I guess though.
    Collins Boating Pro Staff - Smithfield, North Carolina
    JeffreyDavisFishing.com
    | YouTube | Facebook | Instagram | NC Bass Challenge

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast