Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Have to sit this one out due to work requirements, sucks because I was (key word) sitting 2ND on the Co side in points! Good luck to you guys and here is wishing to an early draw for you all.

2. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyt View Post
    Have to sit this one out due to work requirements, sucks because I was (key word) sitting 2ND on the Co side in points! Good luck to you guys and here is wishing to an early draw for you all.
    I hope I get the last number going to need all the time I can get.

3. Member
    Smoked them on a deep diving buzz bait under 85 bridge, deep side between cheek rd in about 30ft of water.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish.rb View Post
    Smoked them on a deep diving buzz bait under 85 bridge, deep side between cheek rd in about 30ft of water.
    There you go giving away secret techniques

5. Member
    Aint this private message? Good thing i didnt say nothing about fishing the 10xd between 85 and cheek rd.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Badfish.rb View Post
    I tried that also but it didn't work for me.

7. Member
    Carolina rigged DT 16 dipped in spike-it with a front runner. Has been the ticket to success this year for me.
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

8. Banned
    Well I'm glad that one is over. Ended up getting a check for 20th place. My take away on Falls after never have fished it much is this:

The lake has some really big fish in it. Fish were caught both shallow and out on the ledges. It was by far the best weights of any of the BFL's we have fished anywhere in a long time. Took 16+ lbs to be in the top ten. 12 pounds to get a check. That is a big weigh for a BFL around here. Winner had 23lbs. Congratulation's to David Wright HE IS THE MAN. Big fish was a 7-15 caught also by David Wright. Most of the bigger fish were out off the bank and that is where they should be this time of year. I fished shallow for my catch and would again if I was going back again today just because that is what I like to do. I knew going into the tournament that I wasn't on anything to win with but sometimes you just have to catch what you can and not worry about what everyone else is doing and it worked out with me getting a small check. I would love to fish a BFL there in April or May with the water a couple foot above full pond. It would be a total shallow water slug fest. There was a lot of complaining about the ramp the night before but honestly everyone was in the water well before blastoff and it didn't seem to be any issues even though the tournament had 130 boats and another 130 co-anglers. Several people used the other ramp above cheek road as I did and ran down to ledge rock. There were plenty of places along the bank to beach your boat also. Overall it was a great place to fish and a great place to fish the tournament.

9. Member
    I thought the entire process was a smooth as can be. I launched from another ramp as well, but I didn't see any issues for those launching at Ledgerock. And your right, David Wright is a hammer, and can beat your eyeballs out in any pond around here. We are all just fishing for second when he's in the field. Congrats on grinding out a good finish. If they had a BFL on Falls in March or April, they lake would really show itself.
    Pimpin' ain't easy, but it's necessary.

10. Member
    All very tru.e also i saw alot of good sportsmanshixp inspite of fishin so close together. I had a 7.13 off a spot i was fishin using only a. Waypoint. No boats in sight Went down to cull and wind blew me off spot. Boat flyies up , idles across and drops buoy. I finish culling, trolling on high back to spot, explain it to guy and he graicesiously picks up and leaves. I then trow a buoy for protection.lol. wasnt long becfore i was surrounded by boats. I guess by all rights he could have screwed me if had wanted. It was a wrapped boat , not sure if he wants to know how big a school he "MISSED" out on.

11. Member
    Amen to the good sportsmanship. I had a boats around me all day, and they watched me catch and cull a few times. Never once did any boat try to squeeze in. That's how it's supposed to be on the water.

12. Banned
    Well I didn't have any problems with other boats either. I went to a place where I couldn't even see or even hear another boat. When we came back down the lake it was easy to see the channel because they were sure lined up going down it. I came back down the lake at 12 and never caught another keeper. I should have stayed because I'm sure I could have made a couple small upgrades but thought I had enough to get a check and might could catch a big one down the lake but that never happened.

Congratulation's to Munchie also on the good finish. Someday I'm going to beat you.

13. Member
    Congratulations guys.
    A friend of mine William got second yesterday behind Wright and a bunch of local friends got checks, and 130 boats can spread out on that lake fairly easy. I had to go to Greenville yesterday and when we went over Hwy. 50 I counted eight boats on the channel just counting real quick.
    And yes a March or April tournament would be awesome
    Brian Howard
    2023 Phoenix 919 Pro XP
    2023 Mercury 225

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by howard47 View Post
    Congratulations guys.
    A friend of mine William got second yesterday behind Wright and a bunch of local friends got checks, and 130 boats can spread out on that lake fairly easy. I had to go to Greenville yesterday and when we went over Hwy. 50 I counted eight boats on the channel just counting real quick.
    And yes a March or April tournament would be awesome
    Thanks Brian, I got lucky

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by NC519VX View Post
    Thanks Brian, I got lucky
    Congratulation's also. Good job.

16. Banned
    Congrats to all you guys, great job!!1

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12