Talon deployed itself

Out fishing today, and one of my talons deployed twice by itself. It was raining all day, so I am thinking one of the remotes got water in it and that is what caused the problem. Anyone else ever have this happen?

2. Member
    Maybe somebody else on the water has a remote with the same frequency as yours...
    07 STRATOS 176XT

that is what i was thinking but i couldn't stop worrying myself, id have to call mk

I always feared mine deploying while going down the highway

5. Member
    I just looked over all the power pole questions, and KandKcustomz jumps right in and answers everything. Where is someone from Minn Kota when you need them.

6. Member
    Have you called MK? They have a good tech support program. I'd go direct to them rather than wait for someone in a forum to answer. KandKcustomz isn't PP they just sell them and get a lot of business through this forum.

7. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Eddie B View Post
    I just looked over all the power pole questions, and KandKcustomz jumps right in and answers everything. Where is someone from Minn Kota when you need them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie B View Post
    Out fishing today, and one of my talons deployed twice by itself. It was raining all day, so I am thinking one of the remotes got water in it and that is what caused the problem. Anyone else ever have this happen?
    Have you heard from MK why your Talon deployed itself?
    Retired 2022...Ranger 2011 Z520, OptiMax 250 1B822149, 8" Bob's Jack-plate, Helix 12si / Helix12di, Duel 12' Talon's, Ultrex 112 i-Pilot Link, Mega 360 and Bravo XS 25.
    At ~400 hours had injectors clean and calibrated by INTEGRITY Injection (by
    European Marine)

9. Member
    In regular use it takes a double down button push to lower your Talon or one single press of the down button on the Talon itself.

The remotes are sealed pretty darn good so unless something is torn in the deal/button, probably not that.

I'd be checking the keypad on the Talon itself, it may have a collapsed dome.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerdic View Post
    Have you heard from MK why your Talon deployed itself?
    I sent them a email a week ago, have not heard back yet. They sent me a reply they got my email, but that is it so far.