Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Rod waranty

Which company has the best warranty . And I mean replacement warranty even if out of actual warranty period, like if broke in door or other mistake. Wanting to purchase several rods to replace mine and want to have that piece of mind. Thanksgiving
    Last edited by theryano311; 06-25-2017 at 10:11 PM.

Don't know about all manufacturers, but I think St Croix has a (fair to the customer) warranty on their rods, your fault or their's. I've used it a couple of times both my fault and their's. stcroixrods.com

3. Member
    For no questions asked Loomis expeditor but it's a $100 a rod

4. Member
    Dobyns and Falcon have 2 of the best warranty programs I know of.

5. Member
    ALX

6. Member
    Okuma has lifetime over the counter on tcs

7. Member
    ALX

8. Member
    I don't know what ALX is, but I was just over to the St. Croix factory last week, since I'm in the area fishing. They used to have a very generous warranty, but now it's not lifetime. It's 5, 10 or 15 years, depending on the level of rod. I wanted badly to buy a Legend casting rod, but have to say the change in warranty gave me some hesitation. You can see the details here:
    http://stcroixrods.com/service-warra...anty-policies/

Loomis went through a reduced warranty coverage thing a couple of years ago, where they eliminated the Expediter service. I'm glad to see they've come back to it. Pretty fair program, IMO.
    John

Sounds like you guys want insurance instead of a warranty!? How can a rod builder/ manufacturer warranty against someone breaking their product by high sticking,boat flipping, car door, dock cleats, pure clumsiness etc... maybe I just stumbled on my next big idea... rod insurance

Shimano's rod warranty despite the un-knowing is first year no charge, with and option for Express Return, then lifetime afterwards of half of MSRP.
    GLoomis is lifetime against materials/etc. or $100 no questions asked Expeditor Service.
    " Serious Service for the Serious Angler"

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner6901 View Post
    Sounds like you guys want insurance instead of a warranty!? How can a rod builder/ manufacturer warranty against someone breaking their product by high sticking,boat flipping, car door, dock cleats, pure clumsiness etc... maybe I just stumbled on my next big idea... rod insurance
    With the price of some rods these days yep your right

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ridgerunner6901 View Post
    It's the rod makers that have given us this expectation, at least on the higher end rods.
    John

Quote Originally Posted by jejb View Post
    I don't know what ALX is, but I was just over to the St. Croix factory last week, since I'm in the area fishing. They used to have a very generous warranty, but now it's not lifetime. It's 5, 10 or 15 years, depending on the level of rod. I wanted badly to buy a Legend casting rod, but have to say the change in warranty gave me some hesitation. You can see the details here:
    http://stcroixrods.com/service-warra...anty-policies/

Loomis went through a reduced warranty coverage thing a couple of years ago, where they eliminated the Expediter service. I'm glad to see they've come back to it. Pretty fair program, IMO.
    correct... Croix is changing their warranty... so the rods that USED to be lifetime warranty are going to 15 year TRANSFERABLE warranty... this warranty no longer is stuck with the original owner... sell the rod, the warranty transfers... never used to be that way..

plus... by the time 15 years rolls around, 1) if the rod had manufacturer defects, it would have been noticed by then... and 2) you'll most likely either get your money's worth of have it sold and upgraded by then

I was a little disappointed in the warranty change at first as well (as I only use St Croix) but really its not bad at all... they will still get 100% of my business
    *BRIAN CASKEY*
    '00 Tracker ProTeam 185 Special Edition
    '99 75 hp Merc ELPTO (ser. 0G837626)
    Minn Kota Terrova 80 w/Ipilot
    Helix 10 Sonar/GPS / bow 360 / RC-1
    Helix 7 CHIRP MSI GPS G3
    STRICTLY Shimano and St. Croix!!!!

14. Banned
    Fitzgerald Rods has a "No Fault Return" Doesn't matter how it broke w/a fee of $60.00

15. Member
    I just had a rod replaced by falcon 20.00 sent in two weeks ago arriving today.
    St croix customer service is great. Also
    Diawa is very good also.
    Everyone of these rods I did not have a receipt for and was replace no questions asked
    Russell Winneberger
    2002 Stratos 20 XL
    ColorVision Painting

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caskey_b View Post
    correct... Croix is changing their warranty... so the rods that USED to be lifetime warranty are going to 15 year TRANSFERABLE warranty... this warranty no longer is stuck with the original owner... sell the rod, the warranty transfers... never used to be that way..

plus... by the time 15 years rolls around, 1) if the rod had manufacturer defects, it would have been noticed by then... and 2) you'll most likely either get your money's worth of have it sold and upgraded by then

I was a little disappointed in the warranty change at first as well (as I only use St Croix) but really its not bad at all... they will still get 100% of my business
    It's nice for them that have such loyal customers. But it does put them a step below some of the other rod makers in this area, and I'm sure it will drive some business away, as it did in my case.
    John

17. Member
    FWIW, I have about 90% custom rods...my builders test the blank before they build the rod. Thus far, knock on wood, in over 15 years of owning custom rods, I have had ZERO failures.

The Dobyns replacement/warranty program is the best for me. I've had to use the replacement deal twice, and they are lightning fast with their service. Depending on the model, there is a replacement fee, then add $20 for shipping. Cost me $100 to replace a Champion Extreme model rod, SHIPPED! Also, have sent me a guide free of charge.

19. Member
    Dobyns, Gloomis, and Daiwa have all been pretty good to me.
    Dobyns was definitely the best one, lightning fast, great customer service.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by caskey_b View Post

When is this change happening. Legends still show lifetime warranty on their website.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast