Power pole brackets

I know that mercury does not recommend sandwich brackets( which i have). Just wondering if anyone on here has any tricks to help me out. Im not sure what other style you could use with the detweiller hydraulic. Problem is, the bolts between mptor and jackplate ( through the bracket) get loose on every trip. Noticed yesterday, that the bolts between jackplate and transom were actually loose. Going to re- silicone and tighten all 6 of those today. Any ideas on how to stop this?
    Paul

We don't know the year model of your rig, though resealing and tightening jack plates to transoms is not uncommon and maintenance is suggested. Tightness of the bolts from the engine and plate should also be continually checked for tension. There is a lot going on with an engine and plate mint which requires continual inspection. We have never seen bolts that have to be checked every trip unless something is causing the issue.

We would check to see if the side plates could be drilled and install side mounted brackets.

3. Member
    Ok its a 08 cougar with a 13 250proxs. 8 inch detweiller hydraulic. Ill have to look again to be sure but i dont think side plates will work. If aomeone has put side plates on a detweiller id love to see a pic. Thanks bcb
    Paul

4. Member
    I have a new to me 2011 Puma FTD, with a 8" Detweiler Hydraullic JP, and wondering what the best adapter plate option would be. I have a 250 SHO on the back. Any pictures with guys with a Power Pole(s) with a Detweiler would be awesome.

We drilled some Detwiler plates for the side plates, and we feel you can stem mount the pumps on the center seat pipe. You may have to mount one on a floor base or rear corner box due to the micron filter for the SHO.

Power Pole themselves have a large library of Bracket Plate options for pole mounting.

7. Member
    If you are really wanting to change PP brackets give PP a call, I just changed brackets and they were a lot of help.

Call and ask but I think Hydrilla gear makes a sandwich plate that does not affect the motor’s warranty.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

9. Member
    The MtoS PLt bracket from PowerPole has been approved as a sandwich style bracket, but gives the holes to use JP brackets for mounting.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

10. Banned
    For me, I got tired of the brackets bending, so I threw the PP brackets that I had on my Atlas jackplate as far as I could, went pretty far actually. Bought a set of Talon brackets and installed them with my power poles, bolt patterns are the same. Tucked those bad boys as close as I could to the PUMA, tightened the bolts and have never looked back. Work like a charm. Hope that idea helps.