Editing fishing videos?

Greetings. New Tin Boats member here. Thank you all for helpful insights with my recent purchase of a Ranger RT188.

Excuse me if the question is not really boat related, but I have an Activeon CX action camera and just got the Yolotek Power Stick. I can now easily capture a full day of fishing in my new boat. Problem is I get these ~45 minute video files, and I want to clip out a few minutes here and there for the special moments. I have a version of Cyberlink PowerDirector that I have used with some success, but it is slow and tedious.

What free Windows software have you found to be helpful for basic video editing? Thanks in advance.

If you want to see the huge bowfin I captured as my first fish in the new boat, check out the link. BTW, I don't carry a net because I'm bass fishing, so anything with teeth I try to land with the scale. Ugly, I know.

Last edited by Mikey D; 06-25-2017 at 03:18 PM.

You kept that choupic right?

3. Member
    Datz a big Choupique! I always used a 41 caliber landing net. They get real still.
    2015 Ranger RT188 DC; BassCat Storage Box; Mercury Optimax 115ProXS;
    19" Spitfire X7; Vessel View Mobile; Minn Kota Ultrex 80; GForce Handle;
    TM Eliminator; Helix 7 G2N SI Combo F/R; HydroWave KVD; BBT 4" Angled Bow Mount; Durasafe Locks for Electronics and Ultrex;
    Twist Step Boarding Ladder; EZEE Step ES1; BAC RAC Rod Storage; Motor Mate Transom Saver