Ultrex pedal stuck!

After months of flawless operation, my pedal is stuck! Fished all day, moved to another spot, deployed the motor, and it would not move with the pedal. Works fine with the remote, spot lock etc. Anyone know of a fix? Sure hope I don't have to send it back!
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

2. Member
    Only fix is remove head plate. Then unplug connection, then plug back in. If that doesnt work, call minn kota to send back in. This has happen to many people. Not a good thing to have happen latter when warranty is no good anymore. Hope minn kota does something about this. Good luck

3. Member
    I wonder what's causing the issue?

4. Member
    I was told from minn kota its a pedal sensors problem.

5. Member
    Well, just got off the phone with them, they're shipping me a brand new unit, going out today. Pretty awesome service, but I am not looking forward to going through the installation and setup process again. Lowrance should take notes on how to handle a problem.
    17 Ranger Z520c Black Out Edition
    Yamaha 250 SHO

It will be nice to have a new unit with hopefully updated sensors but it is a pain in the ass removing and mounting the new one.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

I had it happen. Just swap the head unit they send, not the base. This assumes your unit has the newer base with 3 indexing pins and not just one.

2019 Basscat Caracal
    225 Evinrude G2
    Solix 12 Mega SI bow and console
    Mega Live
    36V Ultrex

8. Member
    Just read this a couple of days ago. This was the same thing mine was doing. Talked to a "authorized service" dealer last week and was told it would be a couple of days. Went by yesterday and was told it would be next week. Contacted MinKota service and told them the problem. New one on the way. Their "authorized service" dealers should take a look at the company or maybe the company should take a look at their "authorized service" dealers.

Same thing happened to mine the second time out with the first one I had. Have had the new now for about 3 months and its been great.
    Jason
    2015 Phoenix 919 225 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Hollada View Post
    I had it happen. Just swap the head unit they send, not the base. This assumes your unit has the newer base with 3 indexing pins and not just one.
    Can you help me understand what to look for to verify if it's a newer or older model?
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah

Quote Originally Posted by greenheadz View Post
    Can you help me understand what to look for to verify if it's a newer or older model?
    The keyway where the motor bolts together with the allen screw needs to be the same.
    2017 Ranger Z520c "Blackout Edition"
    2017 Mercury Optimax ProXS 250
    HB Solix 12 G3 MSI+, Solix 12 G2 MSI+, Solix G2 MDI+, Solix 12 2d/gps, Ultrex Mega360, Mega Live
    NRA Life Member
    -Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour-

Quote Originally Posted by greenheadz View Post
    See post #6 it shows the tabs on the newer version

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=793860
    "The handicapped angler"

Thanks guys... Ill check mine out
    Triton 18xs w/150 Pro XS
    Ultrex 80lb.
    LIVE 12's
    LIVE 9
    POINT 1
    ACTIVE TARGET
    IONIC 125Ah