Thread: Hearing Problem

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Sure are a lot of us on this site that can't hear. Is it age? Or is it loud noise damage? Or combination of both? Nerve damage for me and no hearing aid will help it. I just say HUH a lot!

2. Member
    I'[ll second the Costco rec's.

3. Member
    I bought my Phonaks through an Audiologist who we both knew and respected. She has retired now. Next time I think I need new ones or even a tune-up, I'll be going to Costco, too. Better prices and some great service reports.

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    I'm on my second pair of Phonak behind the ear hearing aids. They are barely noticeable. First pair lasted 5 years and insurance replaced them. They are Bluetooth and connect to my phone. Batteries last about 4 days.
    That is what I wear from Costco.
    SIMMONS CUSTOM BOATS
    Anderson Services LLC
    " Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't"

Bring Back Gluten!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rboren View Post
    Sure are a lot of us on this site that can't hear. Is it age? Or is it loud noise damage? Or combination of both? Nerve damage for me and no hearing aid will help it. I just say HUH a lot!

For me I was told it was noise. Guns, been around guns all of my life, farm machinery, and then the first 20 years on the road no AC in the tractor.

Phonak Audeo V. Batteries last at least 10 days. Wear them from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm pretty much 7 days a week. Not sure how some are only getting 4 days from batteries.

P01135809

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lowerider58 View Post
    I have a set of behind the ear ones I bought at Costco. They have a hearing aid center in their stores. Mine link through my phone for tone, volume and different patterns for the noise environment I'm in. My batteries last about a week and batteries cost less than $9.00 for 48 pack at Costco store.
    The price includes free cleanings and exams as long as you maintain your membership. They have 2 year los replacement and a 3 year warranty.
    I know you said your insurance will pay for yours but mine doesn't cover them and at $1700.00 Costco was the best bang for my buck.
    I have the exact same aids. Im 56 years old and have moderate to severe hearing loss in both ears. All I can say is I love the hearing aids! And best bang for your buck anywhere. Very very happy!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    Phonak Audeo V. Batteries last at least 10 days. Wear them from 6:30 am to 9:30 pm pretty much 7 days a week. Not sure how some are only getting 4 days from batteries.
    They may not be opening the battery door overnight.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pavi69 View Post
    I usually get 4 days maybe 5 if I don't put them in till noon on the weekends but I require pretty high amplification for the sound. Battery life is primarily dependent on the hearing aid settings, i.e. higher sound amplification uses more battery, at least that is what my Audiologist told me. For now it isn't a big issue as the Army pays for my batteries, but once I retire that may be a different story.

Jeff Clark
    Bassman469

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman469 View Post
    I usually get 4 days maybe 5 if I don't put them in till noon on the weekends but I require pretty high amplification for the sound. Battery life is primarily dependent on the hearing aid settings, i.e. higher sound amplification uses more battery, at least that is what my Audiologist told me. For now it isn't a big issue as the Army pays for my batteries, but once I retire that may be a different story.

If you see what hearing aid batteries cost it is crazy. Even after buying my first two pair of hearing aids from an audiologist he sells batteries for $35.00 /48 pack. The #10 batteries at Costco are $8.00 / 60 pack. The woman at Costco told me they have audiologist that order a case of batteries from Costco. Then resell them at their business.

11. Member
    I go back today and will get fitted for the aids and how to use them and the care it takes to keep them, plus, the Doctor says that I will be able to get my DOT required test redone and pass with no problem. oh yea, on my insurance coverage that cover's 100 % of aids, was not told the whole truth by Cigna, it will cover 100 % but only on one Brand & Model. and the Doctor said that brand is a POS and He doesn't even bother with using them.

12. Member
    It is hard to find a set that works right.My wife has had both kind over the years,the last set cost over $4000.00 over two years ago and already out dated. We also have the CapTel phone system for her but still have not found ones that work for her,that we could afford(no insurance coverage for them).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12