Pinion Gear on Fortrex 112

Check out my post on directional arrow, I found out part of the problem and am lookin for some response on how to repair. Thanks, I have photo's on previous post
    Last edited by mollie14; 06-25-2017 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention that I have photo's on previous post

2. Member
    I've looked at both photos on the first post you made. The nipple that holds the idler gear is a part of the lower control box that tends to break off when force is applied. The bearing under the pinion, the way it's bent, then the collar at the center tells me you have hit something and forced the shaft up, which moved center retainer down just a little. When the pinion "landed" back on the bearing, it bent the cage. This is probably when the indicator quit working and the nipple you're referring to broke. To fix what you have, from the tear down point you're at, you will need to loosen the bearing retainer bolts, drop the retainer which allows the upper tube to fall and reveal the screws holding the pinion in. Remove the screws, take the pinion off, remove the tube and check the center bearing. Reassemble with good bearings.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]