Minn Kota "Plus 2" Extended Service contract

Minn Kota is unable to find a solution to meet customer's long term needs . I have a 2016 Ultera and would like a extended Service contract past the 2 year from Minn Kota , any Ideas from the group ?
    Thanks Gordy

2. Member
    Minn Kota does not offer any extended warranty either thru themselves or 3rd party. Only extended warranty is on the shaft. Lifetime. It has always been that way. I do not know of anyone that does that type of warranty for Minn Kota. Also Minn Kota warranty is for the original owner only. Non Transferable.
    You have to put faith in the product as they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradrodfish View Post
    Minn Kota does not offer any extended warranty either thru themselves or 3rd party. Only extended warranty is on the shaft. Lifetime. It has always been that way. I do not know of anyone that does that type of warranty for Minn Kota. Also Minn Kota warranty is for the original owner only. Non Transferable.
    You have to put faith in the product as they do.
    It has not always been that way unless your talking just about the shaft, up until a year ago Minn-Kota offered their (Plus 2) extended warranty. It was thru a third party insurance company in Minnesota that company did not renew the contract so Minn Kota has been looking for someone else to take over the program with no luck so far.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbama View Post
    It has not always been that way unless your talking just about the shaft, up until a year ago Minn-Kota offered their (Plus 2) extended warranty. It was thru a third party insurance company in Minnesota that company did not renew the contract so Minn Kota has been looking for someone else to take over the program with no luck so far.
    Did Not know that. Never had it come up in the Shop in 7 years. Good info. Thanks

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bassbama View Post
    Yes, they use to offer an extended warranty through a 3rd party insurance. In my 15+ years, I've never had anyone try to use the extended warranty. They did not renew the contract, but it was my understanding that they were not actively pursuing a third party extended warranty contract. I may have mis read the information.
    John
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]

6. Member
    Thanks Guys , I have had the extra coverage on my past Minnkota trolling motors , never needed it but I like the extra comfort of protection .