Mississippi River Rat Kittycat2012's Avatar

2017 Triton TRX20 speed question

Asking for a friend. He has a new boat and getting a top speed of about 71 full of fuel with two men turning a 25 Fury3 (Mercury 250 pro XS). No power poles four battery setup very light load. My question is there more speed to be had? Running an atlas jack we've been all over the place with engine height. What should his prop to pad be. Surely there is more to be had. Let me hear some setup help for this rig because I'm not familiar with them and the bowlift isn't there at all like with my Basscat. Thanks
    2023 Basscat Eyra
    Mercury pro team - Humminbird - Bobs - Power Pole - Garmin
    Hammer Rods
    The Tackle Trap

http://www.hammerrods.com/
    http://tackletrap.com/

What are the rpms at WOT? You're not going to get the lift out of the Fury with a load that you would from a Tempest+.
    2009 Triton 20X3
    Mercury 250 ProXS

"Can't" means "don't want to"

3. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by JJolley View Post
    What are the rpms at WOT? You're not going to get the lift out of the Fury with a load that you would from a Tempest+.
    Between a furry and a tempest plus on my 2015 20 trx. The tempest for me is the faster prop of the two.

4. Member
    05 tr20x 225 with a 26 fury 3 blade and I run 74 tournament loaded, my question is why are you running a 25 with a stronger motor
    Whitney

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by whitney View Post
    05 tr20x 225 with a 26 fury 3 blade and I run 74 tournament loaded, my question is why are you running a 25 with a stronger motor
    Because it's a different hull. 26 furry loaded as he is describing wouldn't work for me.

I thought the late model TRX have the same hull as the 04 and 05 first run TRX, that means they should be very fast. I would like to know what LU he has on the 250 ProXS and ratio? But I'd start out with 2" below the pad if he has a hyd jp and if you can find one to try a Merc 26 ProMax 4 blade or a 26 TXP OT4 with a weed ring.

7. Member
    20 TrX is an XS hull. Not meant to be a speed demon. You're running about where most run.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkwallet View Post
    20 TrX is an XS hull. Not meant to be a speed demon. You're running about where most run.
    2014 20xs, 250 Pro XS here...

Loaded to the guts with 2 big guys, full tank, full livewells, 25 Fury 2 blade. 73 MPH.

I saw 77 by myself this winter.