When the fishing Gods are against you..you are screwed

On 6-10 my wife told me to go fishing since it was my birthday she would pick up the eggs. So Friday I loaded the boat and got everything ready. Go out the next morning and the flashlight hits the lower unit. A thin film of oil coming from the top vent plug. No fishing today. Unload the boat take it the shop. Shop called this Thursday. Replaced the seals and water pump and fuel filter boat ready to go. Go pick it up and the wife says she'll take Friday off so I can go wet a line. Get to Norman on Friday and the wind is howling. After not being on the water for six months my sea legs aren't that good but I fight the wind for awhile and catch a couple of good ones. I just wasn't in shape to do it. So I head to the back end of the pockets to see if anything is back there with all the high water. After idling through a long no wake I start getting motor alarm beeps. Shut it off and crank it up. All seems fine but I decide to head back toward the truck. Run the couple of miles back to cove where the truck is and start to idle again and beeps again. So load up and head home. Did get two hours in wish I could have gotten more the gizzard shad were in the backs I would have found some good largemouth. So when I get time boat back to shop
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

Seems like we all have those days sometimes!

3. Banned
    Had quite a few days like that the longer i have a boat,

4. Member
    Sounds like me last week! Got up at 5:30, checked the trolling batts. Dead. What the?!?! Charger was set to 6 volts... Remembered about a half mile down the road (luckily) that my low oil alarm had gone off AND I was low on gas the last time out.
    The worst? I was getting the boat ready at the launch and unnwadding a fishing line and my 'set to pour' thermos fell off the gunnel and was emptying itself all over my seat...