Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bluebullet96 View Post
    Stroker is the best go fast boat to fish out of. Bullets are good to fish out of too especially the 21 footer! Allison is a hell of a boat the only thing it can't do better than a bullet or stroker is fish!

Have you fished out of a XB 21 ? I have owned Bullet , Stroker , Gambler and Allison . I have owned several of each except the Stroker. It wasn't for ,, wouldn't trade my XB for anything but another Bullet and only if I couldn't get another XB.. I agree the Stroker and Bullet both fish better than the other Allison's but IMO the new 21 is the cats meow.

2. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mgeod View Post
    Have you fished out of a XB 21 ? I have owned Bullet , Stroker , Gambler and Allison . I have owned several of each except the Stroker. It wasn't for ,, wouldn't trade my XB for anything but another Bullet and only if I couldn't get another XB.. I agree the Stroker and Bullet both fish better than the other Allison's but IMO the new 21 is the cats meow.
    Are Bullets super narrow, hard to tell no beam or dimensions other then length on Bullet web site??

3. Member
    I agree the allison 2003 would be perfect for that 280 but if you want more room people put the 280's on the 21ft allison. So the xb21 2+2 would get you that family boat for tubing and still go 95mph. Good luck finding a used bare 2+2 hull though. I think i have only seen one in 10 yrs of watching before buying mine. You could sell the 280 and put the money towards a used 2+2 complete package with a 3 liter.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

4. Honda / Raymarine Moderator Hickory Legend's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GEEBASS2000 View Post
    For straight speed Allison or Bullet. The more fishable boat that is also fast but not quite as fast is a Bass Cat puma. I got a buddy of mine that I helped set up his puma and with a stock 250 SHO and a worked prop we can get it to turn 80 MPH. Not bad for a stable boat. I personally don't like fishing out of any of the 3 I mentioned because I feel like I'm in a canoe they are sooooo narrow. If you are used to a skeeter fish out of the next speed boat before you buy one.
    best fishing fast boat out there!!

5. Member
    Your only choices are Allison, Stroker, and 20' Bullet (not the 21')
    Save yourself some frustration and get one of these three. If you don't, you can waste a lot of time and money trying to get another fairly fast boat to run well, only to get embarrassed by one of these three, and they won't have to try hard to do it.
    You want a fast boat, get one made to go fast.
    Another benefit is they burn far less gas doing it.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by John Jackson View Post
    Your only choices are Allison, Stroker, and 20' Bullet (not the 21')
    Save yourself some frustration and get one of these three. If you don't, you can waste a lot of time and money trying to get another fairly fast boat to run well, only to get embarrassed by one of these three, and they won't have to try hard to do it.
    You want a fast boat, get one made to go fast.
    Another benefit is they burn far less gas doing it.
    I'm curious. I've only been in a 20ft Bullet and loved it as it was very easy to drive to me. Why not the 21 footer?
    Boatless Bank Trash for now

7. Member
    With a fishing load, the 21' is only a couple MPH faster than a 21' Triton. Typically upper 70's and well set up maybe very low 80's fishing with a 250 HP motor. The others run upper 80s to low 90s fishing with a 250, and will bust 100 with a 300 and fishing load.
    The 21 Bullet has a very good ride and BIG deck, but lacks the speed of the 20 by a good ways.
    Keep in mind the 21' is really a 21' 10" boat, and could be called a 22' boat. It's also over 1400 lbs.

8. Member
    There is an "as good as it gets" 2003 hull and trailer on the allison forum boats for sale page. Everything except big motor.
    John Wolff
    2003 Allison XB21 2+2
    2003 Mercury 250xs

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwolff View Post
    There is an "as good as it gets" 2003 hull and trailer on the allison forum boats for sale page. Everything except big motor.
    I saw that. I have to even say this, but in an Allison I really want white and red combo of some sort. And I'm sure it could be swapped out, but BLACK carpet?? Ouch on a hot day. It is a killer looking boat though.

http://forum.allisonowners.net/index...trailer.19627/

10. Member
    With a fishing load, the 21' is only a couple MPH faster than a 21' Triton. Typically upper 70's and well set up maybe very low 80's fishing with a 250 HP motor. The others run upper 80s to low 90s fishing with a 250, and will bust 100 with a 300 and fishing load.
    The 21 Bullet has a very good ride and BIG deck, but lacks the speed of the 20 by a good ways.
    Keep in mind the 21' is really a 21' 10" boat, and could be called a 22' boat. It's also over 1400 lbs.
    I see. So it's more of the pure speed issue. After crawling all over a 21ft Bullet at the boat show, I was drooling. I'll sacrifice a few mph's for the room. I would still believe with a 300 it would be a blast to drive.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by smalljawguy View Post
    I see. So it's more of the pure speed issue. After crawling all over a 21ft Bullet at the boat show, I was drooling. I'll sacrifice a few mph's for the room. I would still believe with a 300 it would be a blast to drive.
    It will. But low 90s would be a good expectation for speed set up correctly. While the other will break 100.

12. Member
    It will. But low 90s would be a good expectation for speed set up correctly. While the other will break 100.
    90? 100? I've never been past 85 in a boat so 90 would suit me fine. Not arguing with you at all, just was curious about the difference which you explained perfectly. Either way, 90 in a 21ft or 100 in a 20ft is hauling the mail.

13. BBC SPONSOR
    Man, this post makes me and at the same time
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

14. Member
    Bullets are very tippy walking around/fishing on them, and I weigh only 175lbs. Fast yes but for fishing not so much.

Ran a Bullet 21xdc 250 Pro XB for 5 years. Loaded to fish two guys..78 solo 80. I didn't find it to be tippy at all.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Ran a Bullet 21xdc 250 Pro XB for 5 years. Loaded to fish two guys..78 solo 80. I didn't find it to be tippy at all.
    You've seen how big Wes is, even with him running around on my 20'er it's not tippy.

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bgibson View Post
    Bullets are very tippy walking around/fishing on them, and I weigh only 175lbs. Fast yes but for fishing not so much.
    175 won't even phase a bullet. I'm 210 partner was 280+ no issues

Theyre very tippy til you actually get in one then you realize the word on the street was wrong

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

Well said Alli,, some of these speeds make new scratch my head. The last 21 I had ran low 80s loaded to fish with 2 . It had a 200HPDI. I was told it had a different computer, but never checked i it

I've gotta jump here too. My 21xd is by no means tippy and I'm 250!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast