Everstart Maxx Question

I recently purchased two Group 29 Everstart Maxx DC batteries from Wal-Mart. I had been doing some research and read that some of the these batteries are being made by East Penn rather than Johnson Controls which I liked because I think East Penn makes a good battery. So I called the Everstart customer support line and spoke to a nice lady who confirmed this and then was able to look up the specific store I was purchasing from to determine which manufacturer the batteries came from. Turns out my store (Woodbridge, VA) gets their batteries from East Penn. With all this being said, are the batteries I bought pretty much rebadged Deka Marine Master batteries or do you think they are something specific to Wal-Mart?

Thanks guys,
    Chris

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Battery production would be insanely expensive to make custom versions for different stores. The differences are all in the label.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I remember reading several months ago a post from John (Jones) saying that some of the Walmart stores were changing from JCI to Deka/East Penn for supplying their marine batteries. Your battery should be a rebadged Marine Master DC31DT deep cycle, with 185 minutes reserve at 25 amps. Here in Canada, East Penn supplies Walmart Canada with their marine batteries.
    2019 BCB Classic
    Merc V8 200 4S