OK - School me on Batteries and a Charger

Well it's cheaper than buying a new boat....lol

I decided to by an Ultrex and I am going with a 36V in place of the current 24 volt system I have.

That means - new charger, new TM batteries and I also need a new starting battery.

What do you all suggest for TM Batteries?
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Walmart Everstart 29 series are great long lasting batteries. I average 6 years. If they had a 31 I'd get it. As far as chargers. Dual Pro professional is my number one choice. Minnkota has excellent chargers also. Used MK for years with great usage, but once they're dead, they're dead! Dual Pro can be rebuilt and maintained for years!

2008 BULLET 21XD 2007 Merc 300xs

3. Shutterbug Forum Moderator bdog7198's Avatar
    Dual pro professional charger.

Personally went with group 31 agm's, if you have room. Check the capacity of what you buy, cheaper is not necessarily better if they have lower capacity.

Gonna have to make some wiring changes at the bow and battery compartment as well. As far as batteries...sheez...its pretty much pick your poison. For trollers, its tough to beat Delco voyagers, Everstart Maxx, or Dekka lead acids for price and reliability. I have zero experience with Lithiums so I cant help you with that. Cranking battery, again, pick your poison, Personally I use Dekka as they are easy to find around where I live and I have had really good luck with them.

Charger...depends on your budget, but Nocco genius or Minn Kota chargers are hard to beat for the price.

I bet youre gonna love the new troller...I will probably bite the bullet this year and purchase one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    Gonna have to make some wiring changes at the bow and battery compartment as well. As far as batteries...sheez...its pretty much pick your poison. For trollers, its tough to beat Delco voyagers, Everstart Maxx, or Dekka lead acids for price and reliability. I have zero experience with Lithiums so I cant help you with that. Cranking battery, again, pick your poison, Personally I use Dekka as they are easy to find around where I live and I have had really good luck with them.

Charger...depends on your budget, but Nocco genius or Minn Kota chargers are hard to beat for the price.

I bet youre gonna love the new troller...I will probably bite the bullet this year and purchase one myself.
    I understand the wiring changes at the batteries.......What will have to change at the bow?
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

6. Member
    Pro Guide batteries and a Pro Mariner charger and you will be pleased.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    I understand the wiring changes at the batteries.......What will have to change at the bow?
    Wiring on the back of the plug where the trolling motor plugs in will have to be rewired or replaced as you are upgrading from 24 to 36 volts. What year and brand of boat do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Stratos21XL View Post
    Wiring on the back of the plug where the trolling motor plugs in will have to be rewired or replaced as you are upgrading from 24 to 36 volts. What year and brand of boat do you have?
    2007 BassCat Pantera II
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Quote Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
    2007 BassCat Pantera II
    Bill, take a look at this link and see if it will help ya out...im not too familiar with BassCat layouts.

https://www.trollingmotors.net/blogs...iring-diagrams

Thanks - I got that part, I am checking with BCB to see if the current 24 V wiring will support 36 V after I add the appropriate jumpers.

Also - Looks like I'll have to change the plugs out.

Should be good!
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

Good deal...drop me a line and let me know how you like the new troller...Im thinking you will love it!

Delcos and Stealth Charger

13. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    2e....you will love that troller....I got an ulterra in January....no more yanking on that rope for this old azz!

Quote Originally Posted by Bassmeister View Post
    2e....you will love that troller....I got an ulterra in January....no more yanking on that rope for this old azz!

Thanks - I'm looking forward the the spot lock and remote.......How did the night TX go?
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

DualPro and Deka or Duracells.