MG Brute 67 to Older MK Maxxum 70 mounting?

Going from a MG Brute with the gator mount over to a MK Maxxum 70 that my tourney partner has had in the garage collecting dust cause he doesn't have a boat now. Will I need to drill new holes or anything special? Haven't gotten the motor here yet to compare.

2. Member
    If that 70 has the same mount as the old 74 and newer 80's,it will fit. You will need to remove the plastic side covers on the MK to access some of the holes but it is drilled to match MG. If your 70 has the lighter weight mounting bracket,then I don't know.

Newer Max 70's have 6 holes but not sure about MG, my old MG 43lb had 4 holes and they matched up to new 70lb but I drilled 2 more holes for the 70lb, new holes were in the middle of the 6 hole pattern..

4. Member
    The Gator mount has I think 8 holes, but either 6 or four are used. Most of the time 6.
    Motor Guide Gator mount holes and Minn Kota Max or any Minn Kota Mount holes do not match up. You can fill the old holes with RTV or silcone seal and then drill new ones. If your boat is glass, they do make a patch gel kit in a tube to fill the old holes. You just have to put tape on the back side so the gel coat will not leak into the hull before it dries.

5. Member
    The MinnKota will match to the Motorguide but the Motorguide will not match the MinnKota. On the Maxxum series, there is no side plate to remove but it has several mounting possiblilities. Toward the hinge, there is two holes that look like they are drilled on top of each other. One of these will be used when going to a Motorguide mounting pattern. Motorguide usually uses 4 holes and uses the 1/2" isolators with 1/4" bolts. MinnKota uses 1/4" bolts. If yours has isolators, you will need to cut the top off the bottom part and use it as a bushing in the 1/2" hole.
    BBC Sponsor since 2006: (870) 773-3474
    Mon - Thrs 8am - 5pm Central
    Friday 8am-12pm
    Garmin Certified Dealer and Installers: Call us for all your Garmin Electronics needs!
    ASC for: Garmin, Lowrance, Minnkota, Humminbird, and Powerpole.
    [SIGPIC] http://www.jonestrollingmotor.com
    [/SIGPIC]