live well valve rebuild

In a 93' 184 my live well valve is leaking. Should I try to rebuild or can I buy a new one? How hard to get to? thanks

2. Member
    They are not fun to change. I would replace it and any pumps while you are in there if they haven't been replaced before. You have to pull the batteries and oil tank to remove the floor/cover. The fuel tank can stay in.
    1990 Champion 184sc 1980 150 Mercury
    1998 Champion 190dc 1998 200XRI Mercury

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I've decided I'm not diving any more than I have too. Instead of screwing with the livewell valves anymore, I bought a 12V liquid handling solenoid, flip the switch it opens, turn it off it closes. I teed in a pump out just ahead of the valve so if you want to pump out the livewells the line is already primed. If I just want to drain it flip the switch and out the water comes.

I like

2009 ELITE 210

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ChampioNman View Post
    I've decided I'm not diving any more than I have too. Instead of screwing with the livewell valves anymore, I bought a 12V liquid handling solenoid, flip the switch it opens, turn it off it closes. I teed in a pump out just ahead of the valve so if you want to pump out the livewells the line is already primed. If I just want to drain it flip the switch and out the water comes.

where did you find this? Or where can I buy one?

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    https://www.amazon.com/12V-Brass-Liq.../dp/B00EIB1BSC I just did a google search on 3/4" 12VDC fluid solenoid.

7. Member

I did my switch a few years ago, not my idea of spending time in the boat. Damn Fred, that switch makes me want to change it again!
    Ed R.

2006 ChampioN 198 225 Optimax

I like it. What did you switch it through. And any pics of the finished deed to post.
    Larry Eby, 2004 ChampioN 188 Elite/2003 200 Hp Vmax OX66
    "Romans 10:9"

9. Member
    https://www.amazon.com/12V-Brass-Liq.../dp/B00EIB1BSC I just did a google search on 3/4" 12VDC fluid solenoid.
    Ah, of course amazon, I shouldn't of even had to ask.

Thank you