Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AveryF View Post
    "red tags" and "water on board sticker"??????
    Yup that's what she said.
    You have the two register tags, one on each side of the boat. Then if you have a live well you have to have a separate tag on the transom.

2. Banned
    With the decals on both starboard and port sides now here in NC they can see if you are ok by pulling up close enough to see them. They can not pull you or stop you without a reasonable cause anymore. Used to get checked several times a year but have not been checked in 3 years now.

Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    With the decals on both starboard and port sides now here in NC they can see if you are ok by pulling up close enough to see them. They can not pull you or stop you without a reasonable cause anymore. Used to get checked several times a year but have not been checked in 3 years now.
    When did they start that? I'm in Nc maybe that's why he checked me? I haven't seen anyone with stickers on both side

4. Hunting & Gun Lodge Moderator Roddy's Avatar
    This spring while.fishing in Texas the Game warden told me my registration was expired. I said I dont think so. They were not as Ky boat reg doesn't expire until May.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dwmgg17 View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well
    Rocket

Should have ran...JK.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 375VTROCKET View Post
    I'd like to know the answer to this as well
    New boat renewals will be two yearly decals now,one on each side. When you renew you will get two square decals. I only have one also but I have seen the new ones.

8. Banned
    Renewed mine a while back for 3 years and that was required. I will go check the boat and find the paperwork. Sure i stuck in in the pouch. I figured the game wardens requested the change so they would not have to circle your boat if they approach from the starboard side to check your validation.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    When did they start that? I'm in Nc maybe that's why he checked me? I haven't seen anyone with stickers on both side
    Uh, we've had that a while now

10. Banned
    Went and got it out of the boat. It states "vessel decals must be displayed on the starboard and port side bow within 6 inches of your registration number as shown in diagram below." That is why they sent 2 validation stickers with my renewel i got back in April. This was for my 21' Ranger.

11. Banned
    Mine is for 3 years and runs out 2020.

12. Dogfish_Jones
    I got one years back on West Point Lake, he said I was causing to big of a wake in a no wake zone. Funny , I told him, I wasn't even running my main engine....he got mad by me telling him that and when he handed me back my license and ticket, he purposely dropped my license in the lake.( they sink too) I ask him if he was going to pay for a new license, he just laughed and said nope, but you are going to pay for the ticket and drove off causing a huge wake in a no wake zone.

Quote Originally Posted by juice780 View Post
    Well today was the first time I have ever received a ticket in the lake. I got checked by the game warden and come to find out my registration was expired. I never received the renewal in the mail and I forgot all about it. Expensive Lesson learned.
    Got mine yesterday and didn't realize it had been expired since May 5th!!
    JAM'D Outdoors-sponsored by PAPPAWDAD and MIMI!!

I guess your lucky to only keep track of 1 registration sticker. I need to keep 4 stickers up to date. Pa registration , Md tidal water, and Me grass ,Plus i'll soon be spending my summers in Ny and will need to register my boat there. All expire on different months and years.
    2016 RT 188

15. Banned
    Was fishing a local lake, and had a Warden come running across the lake full speed. He shut down and came up to the boat. Very young guy, probably a new warden. Asked me for my lic and registration and I handed them to him. Then he said" Can I check your livewells?". I said "Sure, no problem!" and opened them up. He said that he had to board in order to see them and stepped in my boat. What he didn't realize was that he didn't tie his boat to mine. Needless to say, his boat drifted away while in my boat. Poor guy turned around and saw his boat was out of reach and to say he was embarrassed was an understatement. I eased him over to his boat on the TM, and didn't say a word. Got stopped by the same guy a few months later while at the ramp, and didn't have a whistle with me. He just smiled and said to get one. He then proceeded to write tickets out to 2 guys that hadn't even launched yet.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fr8dog View Post
    On Amistad the warden knew us. Pulled up a ways off and asked if we had licenses. Said Yep. When did you get them. Yesterday. Off he went. Never been checked in Oklahomie. Had the Edmond Police come up to me in their jet ski's and do a check. That was after I gave them a one finger salute for running at me not knowing that the cops drove those little lake lice. I apologized, things were well in the world again.
    Lake lice!!
    2009 Triton 18x3 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bryanmc57 View Post
    Don't you have stickers on the side of the boat that show you when it expires?
    Same question I have.

NC both sides have registered #

Yep, I came here a year ago and I thought that was normal.... MS has em on both sides.
    Life is kinda hard but it's
    better than the other options .. er ..option !

19. Member
    Just get it registered and take the registration sticker down to the courthouse before your court date and they will drop it. Had the same thing happen to me with my car.

Quote Originally Posted by Dropshotter View Post
    Just get it registered and take the registration sticker down to the courthouse before your court date and they will drop it. Had the same thing happen to me with my car.
    I'll probably loose more money by taking off work than just paying the ticket.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast