Ranger RT188 vs Lund Renegade 1875

I'm getting ready to make my first boat purchase and I am stuck deciding between these 2 boats. I'm having a heck of a time. As there aren't any local boats available for me to sit in and get a feel for I will have to make a decision on which to order. They both seem like very nice boats with similar options and slightly different lay outs. They both can be fitted with the same Merc 115 pro xs.

It seems like the Renegade might be a couple thousand cheaper.
    I can get the Lund from an in-town dealer. Where as the Ranger will have to be bought at least 60 miles away.
    Also, the in-town Lund dealer sells aftermarket electronics at cost and installs them for free. So that saved cash when buying the Lund might go that much further in accessories.

I am just wondering what others might use for a deciding factor?
    Lund 1875 Pro V Bass XS
    Mercury Verado 200 hp

Storage, livewell and standard features.
    2017 Crestliner VT 18 DX
    Mercury 115 ProXS
    Motorguide X3 70lb 24V
    TP Express Mach 4 13 x 19
    "Follow Me," Jesus told them, "and I will make you fish for people!" Mark 1:17

3. BBC SPONSOR
    get the most boat for the money that you can afford and add the electronics etc later. I just ordered a RT198P Ranger because of the fit and finish is spot on and perfect and I am a picky picky person.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

4. Member
    1st off NOBODY sell their acc. for cost and then installs them for FREE. I he does he will not be in business very long..
    LIFE IS GOOD
    STILL CAN'T CATCH A FISH.

Quote Originally Posted by tharris811 View Post
    1st off NOBODY sell their acc. for cost and then installs them for FREE. I he does he will not be in business very long..
    Lol... I didn't make this up. You have to buy the boat new from them, so I guess that's where the profit comes from.

A co-worker told me this was the case when he bought his boat and the sales rep confirmed. Perhaps the electronics come at a discount, but installation is definitely free.
    Lund 1875 Pro V Bass XS
    Mercury Verado 200 hp

I have a friend with an RT188 that I fish with a few times a year. Very nice boat. However, when considering only tin boats, Lund makes the best in the market. So, I'd have to go with the Lund, especially since you have a local dealer.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

Quote Originally Posted by Bassman25 View Post
    get the most boat for the money that you can afford and add the electronics etc later. I just ordered a RT198P Ranger because of the fit and finish is spot on and perfect and I am a picky picky person.
    188 is the best fit for my garage. So I can't go any bigger and I definitely want aluminum. I will be fishing lots of shallow water with hazards and don't want to worry about the hull. I am also pulling it with a mid-size SUV so weight is important. I drive a toyota 4runner with towing capacity of 4700 lbs.
    Lund 1875 Pro V Bass XS
    Mercury Verado 200 hp

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Hahn View Post
    I have a friend with an RT188 that I fish with a few times a year. Very nice boat. However, when considering only tin boats, Lund makes the best in the market. So, I'd have to go with the Lund, especially since you have a local dealer.

Thanks for the input! I sure hope I wont have any hull issues, but if I do it would be nice to drop it off in town rather driving 1 hour on the interstate. The in town dealer is an authorized Mercury shop as well, so engine trouble wouldn't make a difference since I should be able to have that handled in town regardless of the hull.