USA HYDROPLANER HYDROFOIL?

Has anyone used one of these and wondering if their anygood I'd like to put one on my SKEETER with 150 SHO to help with the porpoising.

I have ran a CB MARINE foil for a while, definitely helps.

3. Member
    My buddy just took his off because he could not keep the nose in the air when running on the Potomac. It forced the front down and kept spearing too many waves. So if you run big water, you may want to re-think it. It was worth 3 full vent plugs in his prop during take off. He had 3 solids in his 25 fury with the fin and now runs 3 wide open without the fin.

I have a little bit of the same problem with my 200 PXL. It does not like much below 30-35 with the 25 Fury I have on it. So its either off plane or on plane at 30 or better or I am fighting the proposing. I don't know if a four blade would help that or not. I spend more time going 30 than 72. You can't run wide open in boat traffic and tight areas of the lake.
    Last edited by WVTERP; 06-24-2017 at 10:40 AM.
    Stratos 2003 200 Pro XL

4. Member
    RDock,you can put some 5* transome wedges on your boat to help with the porpoising. They will allow a little more negative trim but you will lose the same amount of positive trim,might cost you a couple of mph.

Chris "CB MARINE" makes a great foil !!
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

6. Member
    Check out Bailey's Hydrofoil You will find him on the Stroker board

7. Member
    I put a Bailey Foil on my boat and was on Erie yesterday when it was rough. I didn't spear any waves put stayed on plane at around 18 mph. Well worth the money in my opinion. I will not own a boat without it in the future.