Livewell Pump Help!

I have an 03 Tr-21. I noticed that the port livewell would't fill the other day. I took the pump out and can't really see any problems. It runs but will not pull water up. They had the hose looped under the livewell so i thought it was air locking, so i cut it down to where it goes straight up. That helped some but will only start pulling water up if i turn it on, kick the boat in reverse for a second it will pick up and start pumping but not with as much force as the other side. It's almost like the pump is just weak but it spins fast. Fast enough that you can't grab the impeller and stop it. The weird part is that the starboard side pumps {all 3] are a different brand than the port side pumps which are tsunami t-800 {not sure off the top of my head what brand the other side is}. I am fairly certain that they are all original as i am the second owner and when i got the boat it had less than 40 hours on it. Was going to order a replacement cartridge but wondering if anyone else has had this issue. Also i am certain that there is no blockage in the line as i have ran a wire through it and the water hose and it flows fine.

Is the screen on the transom clean and not clogged?

My 2006 has 6 Tsunami T800's for the livewells. Two fill, two recirculate and two pump out pumps. I recently changed both recirculate and both pump out pumps. Also removed the livewell drain fitting and re-sealed. It was not fun.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    No it is not clogged. The line going from the pump up to the livewell is wide open. I am thinking of ordering a new pump just can't decide if i should replace the entire thing or just the cartridge. Cant imagine what would be wrong with the housing though.

If the housing has no cracks, I'd replace the cartridge. At least the fill pump housing is the easiest to get to.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

5. Member
    Did you check the spray head for dirt or bug parts.

6. Member
    Why not switch the one that works good over to the one that doesn't and try that? That will at least tell you if the cartridge/pump is the culprit or the base has a crack.
    Rocket

7. Member
    Honestly for some stupid reason i had not thought of that. I would think if the housing had a crack in it that it would be leaking though. I will switch them around and see if that fixes it. Thanks