Leak in bilge area and wet carpet

I have a 2007 z20, lately getting water in bilge area and wet carpet.Changed drain plug assembly I'm March.Yesterday filled livewell with water hose, ran them and emptied them, no leak or water from hoses...or water in bilge area..going to put more silicone on outer area of plug assembly...will water test tomorrow.....any had this problem???

Try putting some water in the bilge while it's on the trailer and see if water leaks around the plug area. If it's the through-hull (the outer area of the plug assembly) you don't want to use silicone...3M 5200 or equivalent would be the better choice there. If it is leaking around the through hull I would think you'd want to remove and completely replace it, making sure to dry it out as best you can. I know there's no wood in the transom, but it'd still make me nervous..

That being said, I bet it's around the seam where the top cap is joined. Either some screws have backed out, or it's pulled apart slightly. Removing the rub rail and resealing everything would be the remedy there.

Also check outboard bolts, around the boarding ladder, around the tie downs, etc.
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

3. Member
    I had water coming in from splash well area where access plate is. Had to take mine off and reseal it. Hope this helps you.

4. Member
    McCormick, SC - By way of Aubrey,TX ,Buford, GA and originally Kettering, OH
    I have an 06 Z20 and the only time I have had wet carpet is when I had left my livewell sprayer in the staboards livewell pointed upwards instead of pointing down into the livewell.

The only time you would likely have wet carpet is from backwash or maybe from a leak on top of one the hoses leading to the livewell.

Let us know what you find.
    2020 520L / 250 PRO XS 4S