Thread: 2 Questions

2 Questions

Garmin Echomap 73SV

How do you zoom in on sideview on an object... Mines on order , but on the store display, when I zoom in, it only zooms in on the center. When I move the cursor to an object it will not zoom in.. I asked the salesman, and he was as useless as flex seal on screendoor boat... lol...
    Also, Can you order certain Lakevu ultra maps in certain lakes or region thats a hell of alot cheaper? Ive got 2 lakes near me and thats it.. I hate to spend $150-$200 for 2 lakes...
    Any other Tips and tricks for a Garmin Newbie?

2. Member
    You will need to check the owners manual for your unit, but with my 7610, its under Menu/Zoom/Set Zoom

I only tried it one time and found it pretty much useless. It only zooms in one dimension - side to side, which stretches and distorts the image horribly. I think its a complete waste of time.

2D zoom works the same way but it stretches the targets vertically. For some reason I dont mind that as much as I do on sideview and downview.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

3. Member
    Check out your 2 lakes before deciding to buy LakeVu Ultra. Also with Quickdraw you can map your lakes as you fish!!! Very easy and VERY accurate.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by msn26753 View Post
    Garmin Echomap 73SV

How do you zoom in on sideview on an object... Mines on order , but on the store display, when I zoom in, it only zooms in on the center. When I move the cursor to an object it will not zoom in.. I asked the salesman, and he was as useless as flex seal on screendoor boat... lol...
    Also, Can you order certain Lakevu ultra maps in certain lakes or region thats a hell of alot cheaper? Ive got 2 lakes near me and thats it.. I hate to spend $150-$200 for 2 lakes...
    Any other Tips and tricks for a Garmin Newbie?
    Not for Lakeview. Its one size fits all.

Look up the lakes you are interested here:

http://lakes.garmin.com/

The Lakeview Ultra cards and the built in maps all have the same contour lines, so if your lake isnt covered by the built in maps it wont be covered any better by any premium map.
    Smokercraft Phantom 202 Yamaha F115/Merc 9.9
    Garmin 7610xsv/GT51M-TM/Panoptix PS21/LiveScope
    Why am I hanging out here when I could be fishing.....

5. Member
    The 2 lakes have fiaheye and marinerseye... I think thats what there called... Didnt think ot know if its worth the extra money... I only fish thesr 2 lakes a few tines a year.. My lakes that i fish 3 times a week are not listed...