2004 Triton TR21X Shifter.

My up button on my trim stopped working can I get a new switch or do I have to buy the whole shifter? Where can I get these parts?

2. Member
    The shifter is the same brand as whatever engine you have,so any dealer of that brand should be able to get a trim switch. That said,if you have a hidden shifter,it will be a lot easier to add a blinker type trim switch on the steering column rather than fix what you have. Those shifters are installed before the two halves of the hull are assembled and can be near impossible to remove.

Not true at all. They are installed during rigging and are very easy to remove. Tons of youtube videos. You dont need to remove the shifter itself just the handle and if its a mercury can have the switch swapped by a first timer in an hour or so according to how the rigger connected the trim wires from the boat into the harness.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    It's a Mercury Optimax. Thank you for the info.

5. Member
    It's a Mercury Optimax and I have the blinker type switch but I want it fixed.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Here you go just pick your remote out of the list. https://www.marineengine.com/parts/m...onents/1994-up

7. Member