Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
  1. Member
    I gotta say something. TRAILERING ANY BOAT CAN EITHER BE A PAIN OR EASY! Don't bash the boat brand just because something may need to be adjusted on the trailer or a person may need to take the time to learn that sweet spot of that particular trailer

2. Member
    I had a 2010 FX20 and didn't have trouble loading it but the trailer was junk. The tail lights were held on with 2way adhesive tape and both fell off. The upright that holds the roller and winch broke at the weld on the bottom. The weld had no penetration to either part and was just laid on the surface. If every weld on the trailer was like that it's a wonder it didn't fall apart going down the road.

3. Member
    Phoenix has the same brand of trailer .The 618 I had was the same way .They sent me some bunk shems but they was not thick enough.Had to make my on .1 1/2 at the frount 3/4 in the middle .Makes the nose of the boat rise up .It worked for me

4. Member
    Skeeter has Ez loader trailers. Phoenix has Marine Master. Not the same trailers.

5. Member
    16 fx 20 le I've never had a problem loading my boat.

6. Member
    Take the bolts out of your bunks in front lift them up and put a shim in between the braket and bunk that will raise the the bunks in the front and I'm not a engineer

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by john721 View Post
    Take the bolts out of your bunks in front lift them up and put a shim in between the braket and bunk that will raise the the bunks in the front and I'm not a engineer
    If you shim too much your bow eye will hit the middle of your roller.
    2007 Skeeter 21i 300HDPI

8. Member
    Its not the quality of the trailer as much as it is the design for the boat. PIA to load. Ramps too deep or too shallow royal pain. The bunks and fender wells need to be higher

9. Member
    Got my ZX 225 yesterday and it loads like a charm. No problems whatsoever. Selling ur boat won't fix your issue.

10. Member
    I some times had that issue at certain ramps I went to. I got a new truck back in September that sat a lot higher then my last. I had to get a drop hitch and it made the trailer sit about 2 inches closer to the ground then it used to. Never had the issue loading it ever since. I guess maybe the front of the trailer sitting lower was the trick but I'm not sure. But it fixed the issue. So try getting a hitch that sits lower and see if it helps.
    05’ Skeeter TZX200, Yamaha 200hp HPDI
    00’ Skeeter SX186, Yamaha 150hp VMax.
    PRO-FORMANCE FISHING TEAM.

11. Member
    I have the solution:

Go buy a new trailer. Or, I have a 1997 ZX185C with everything ya need that you can buy for $8000.00

12. Member
    I have an '04 SX-190 with an EZ-Loader. With the exception of the tires, lights I swapped for LEDs and a fender bunk, the trailer is all original. It's the only boat I've ever owned. The dealer took me out and showed me how to load it.

I've loaded on steep ramps, low grade ramps, shallow ramps, deep ramps, well maintained ramps and busted ramps all over Texas. The only loading issue I've ever had had is of my own making: trailer in the water too far or forget to trim up and feel that chattering as the skeg and prop hit the ramp.

13. Member
    I had the same issue with my 22I, the front jack stand assembly broke and I had to get a replacement from EZ Loader, the replacement was too tall and they made me a second one that was adjustable

14. Member
    Try not putting so much triler in the water. I leave about half the step out and I have yet to have an issue in 2 years with my ZX225. I know my old team partner had an older skeeter and if you had to much trailer in the water the nose would do same thing you are having. Power up on the trailer and you will be fine.

15. Member
    Never had a problem loading my ZX 225. 2017 Model.

16. Member
    I am new to Skeeter after buying a very nice 2010 FX 21. I finally got out in it and was a little apprehensive about loading it on the trailer after reading all the comments. I'm no expert and I'm certainly not trying to make anyone look bad or stupid or anything else -- this is just my experience and is meant to hopefully help someone. As has been mentioned I found the key to be to not back the trailer in so far when loading. I had to back it in pretty far, maybe the fender tops almost flush with the water level to get the boat to push off the trailer as I was alone and couldn't just do the back and hit the brakes routine. Anyway when I decided to load the boat I backed the trailer in the same distance and very cautiously pulled the boat onto the trailer. The nose of the boat was going to be several inches under the bow roller!!! I climbed in the truck and pulled up and the nose of the boat was still too high. I finally pulled up until the longest bunk boards were about 12" or so out of the water. I backed the boat off the trailer and used the engine to power load it. I trimmed the engine up and just bumped the throttle right at the end and it popped right up and slid the strap ring right up to the bow roller:-) It appears that you have to have enough of the bunks out of the water to make the boat sit down on them in the back which lifts the nose so it will clear the front roller. Anyway that was my experience and I hope it helps someone to not get frustrated. Happy fishing!

17. Member
    Good job sorting it out.

Now that you know how much center bunk boards to keep out of the water, next time jump back in the truck and take notice of where the water line hits on your trailer. That's the view you want to duplicate each time.

me personally, I drench my trailer so the boards are wet, then pull forward to my mark. I rarely have an issue.

18. Member
    If you're coming in too low your trailer is backed too far into the water....

duh..
    Last edited by Dlwfish; 03-19-2017 at 08:21 AM.

19. Member
    I have a ZX 185 so I realize my boat is a lot smaller. That being said I have always had at least 2 feet of bunk showing when I go in and out of the access. Usually works like a dream. There are a few lakes near me (my home lake where my cabin is) that I hate loading on. Access goes almost straight down, it is a complete pain in the butt, the front end of my boat goes under the wench and without my brother or a friend I refuse to go on the lake.

You literally need to have most of the bunks hanging out of water, get boat wrenched on trailer so nose is above then back in slowly and have a budding bring in the strap.
    1997 SKEETER ZX185C (SINGLE CONSOLE)
    1999 YAMAHA VMAX 175
    MINNKOTA MAXXUM
    HUMMINBIRD 937C
    HUMMINBIRD HELIX 9

WHAT IT BOILS DOWN TO IS THAT EVERY RAMP IS DIFFERENT. I DO AGREE WITH SOME OF THE FOLKS ABOVE ABOUT BACKING IN TOO DEEP TO GET BUNKS GOOD AND WET THEN PULLING UP BUT TO ME IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE ANGLE OF THE RAMP. I HAVE HAD PROBLEMS ON STEEP RAMPS BUT THAT WAS BECAUSE I WAS TOO DEEP. JUST TAKES EXPERIENCE IN MY EYES.
    2012 Skeeter FX20 250 SHO

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast