Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Member

Re: (Doug Vahrenberg)

+1 , even i can load a Skeeter drunk

2. Banned

I too will make a video. Is it possible my trailer isnt the correct one for the boat? Skeeter seems to mess things up. Perhaps my boat is on a FX21 trailer?? Everytime my dealer has to order me warranty parts (fender carpet bunks, FX badges, etc they send the wrong parts).

3. Banned

Appreciate it! Please realize I know what everyone is saying. I have tried all of this. Never had these issues with my Rangers!

Re: (SKEETERFX)

My boat loads best with the long bunks 4-6 in out of the water. On a flater ramp, I go a little deeper, on a steeper ramp, leave a little more exposed. It seems that my trailer has to go in further than everything my buddies have. Its all about finding the sweet spot.
    Neil Eckberg- Cary, NC - 2008 Skeeter ZX250- 250 Yamaha SHO

Kerr Lake Ba$$hole

5. Banned
    On steeper ramps, you can leave more of the long bunks out of the water, because there's less bunk in contact with the boat.

I had to find the sweet spot for mine...It is a little deeper then most guys have posted. On a steep ramp I leave about 6 inches of bunc showing. On a shallow ramp I cover all the bunks.

7. Banned

Re: (unpaulie11)

This is a great thread (other than the OP not being happy). Ever since I bought my Skeeter I have had problems loading by myself. Things I have learned here are:

1) I load with my motor trimmed down....looks like I need to trim up to almost "tilt" position

2) I think I have been backing in way to far from what folks have been saying here.

Sorry to the OP for the troubles he has been having, but on a positive note, I have learned a lot with this thread.

8. Member

Re: (Lockon)

Bring your Skeeter to Texoma this weekend and I will load it for you. It no doubt is different than your ranger. But the general rule of thumb is that if your nose is below the roller then you have backed in too deep. I always power drive my Skeeters onto the trailer. In 16 years, with 3 different boats and hundreds of loads I have had 1 accident where I bent the roller braces. Other than that I can just tell you it is done by "feel".

I am teaching my 13 year old how to do it now and I am re-learning what I have always done by "feel".

My general impression is there are 2 problems causing your headache: (1) trailer too deep, or (2) ramp too steep. It has to be one or the other.

Question: When your boat is on the trailer, does your D-Ring fit snug AND your boat hull make complete contact with the rails? If not, you may need a height adjustment on your roller.

P.S. - Don't be a woosy about driving the boat onto the trailer. When you have the boat centered and snug between the rails, HAMMER IT!! I do that with my 300 Yammer and it shakes the truck when it hits bottom. Again, it is a "feel" thing.

9. Banned

Re: (oubassr)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by oubassr &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">

P.S. - Don't be a woosy about driving the boat onto the trailer. When you have the boat centered and snug between the rails, HAMMER IT!! I do that with my 300 Yammer and it shakes the truck when it hits bottom. Again, it is a "feel" thing.</td></tr></table>

That's the part that bothers me, figuring out exactly what is babying the boat on the trailer. I've worried that getting the RPM too high could damage the transom ???

But lately, I've been giving it more throttle and its been snugging up to the bow roller.

10. Member
    transoms arent hurt by powerloading. rheem her all you want if you ask me. the only transoms ive ever seen bust out of boats were in rough water. remember they are designed to take the torque of a motor, but not so tough when it comes to the downward force of falling off a 3 foot wave and landing all that weight of the boat in the bottom of a trough. fiberglass itself will almost always shear from a downward force not from a horizontal one.

11. Member

Re: Skeeter Trailers are Junk!! (skeeterJim)

+1

I have a 200ZX and this is how I have to set the trailer to load mine.

I have had no issues doing it this way.

12. Member

Re: Skeeter Trailers are Junk!! (skeeterJim)

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by skeeterJim &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Are you power loading? I have found that the tandem axle trailer seem to need to be shallower in the water to load or you will go under the bow roller. I leave the ends of the outer bunks nearly a foot out of the water. You might try your's this way. It appears you are getting too deep.</td></tr></table>

I forgot to add the reply I was agreeing with.

I do this to load my 200ZX and have had no problems.

13. Banned

Re: (SkeeterBob)

These are the same ramps I have been using for years. Never a problem with my other boats. This is ridiculus

14. Banned

Re: (oubassr)

Last time I tried to power it up my prop was hitting the bottom. I really shouldn't have to mess up a $500 prop to load a damn boat. Everyone confesses they needed to find "the sweet spot" when loading...this is BS. That you have to do this. I'm sticking to the shitty design theory

15. Member

if it was a shitty design, i'd guess there would be hundreds of them sitting at the factory waiting to be repaired for everyone that bought one.

Re: (Grandpa)

I have a smaller boat (TZX190) with a 150 on it, and if I back in too far it comes in under the bow roller. I usually back in al the way to soak the bunks, then pull out so the tops of my fenders (single axle) are above water, and that seems to be my sweet spot. I don't power load either. I crank it on, and I have no problem.
    sounds like you've tried everything! sorry you're having so much trouble bro. could it be the height of your hitch? you've prolly tried different heights already. hope you figure it out, cause that is a killer boat ya got there! the trailers do kinda suck however! I'm wondering if someone screwed up when installing the bunks. I know how annoyed I get when I back in too far, so I can't imagine what you're going through.
    Common Sense...so rare, it's kind of like a SUPER POWER!

Re: Skeeter Trailers are Junk!! (SKEETERFX)

backing in to far let the motor raise the bow.

18. Member

<table width="90%" cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 align=center><tr><td>Quote, originally posted by SKEETERFX &raquo;</td></tr><tr><td class="quote">Last time I tried to power it up my prop was hitting the bottom. I really shouldn't have to mess up a $500 prop to load a damn boat. Everyone confesses they needed to find "the sweet spot" when loading...this is BS. That you have to do this. I'm sticking to the shitty design theory</td></tr></table>

how in the world are you hitting the prop on the ramp while loading?!?! Did you ever look into if yu have the right trailer or not?

2010 Triton 190 Escape w/150 Optimax pulled by a 2016 F-150 FX4 SCrew 3.5 EB

19. Banned

Re: (ClaySlayer)

How do I know if it is the correct trailer? It appears to be right

20. Member

The way to avoid damage to the prop is trim the motor up. This will do two things:1) avoid damage to prop, 2) raise the bow as you power up to load to keep the bow above the roller.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast