Thread: Power trim help

Power trim help

98 mariner 200 og725426. Last trip out my trim kept falling slowly. There are no leaks visible. Month or two ago a trim relay went bad on me and we had to use the manuel release valve a couple times. Im hopeing its just a o ring on the release valve does this sound possible? Also do i need to drain the fluid to pull the release valve out? Thanks a lot.

2. Member
    I had the same thing happen to mine a couple of times 98 200 efi. With it on the trailer, trim it all the way up then let it down with the release valve let go down a little fast be carefull don't get yourself pinched do that a couple of times.I don't know if a o ring doesnt seat right or if a speck of something lets it seep by that usually clears mine up. I did put new o rings on the relief valve stem about 6 years ago there's 3 of them on the valve I got them at lowes Danco brand #5,#36 and#60 plumbing section. If in doubt get a new stem from Merc. Plus I keep a couple of back up relays in the boat with me Napa pn AR 272 ,5 spade relay . They don't have the tab on the back to hang them up, you'll have to tie them down but they'll save the day until you get a new one.
    J
    Last edited by tomcat; 06-23-2017 at 04:27 PM.
    JUSTIN LAWSON
    IL ANG 183FW Retired SMSGT
    1998 ASTRO2000 DC[Hooter Scooter] 200MERC EFI TRO4 23P
    Engine by Jay Smith Racing