Thread: Sterling prop

Sterling prop

Hit something and tore up my prop (bent the shaft also) Looking for some recommendations on a new one.Was running a v max series t1 27,ran 81 at 6000 rpm,don't think thats too bad,just looking to see if something else works too.12 Sterling with a 250 SHO.Thanks!

2. Banned
    27 HYDROMOTIVE 4 BLADE RUN GOOD,THEIR JUST NOT CHEAP...

3. Member
    Which 4 blade? Was looking at the Quad IV X O/B SST 15. It seemed like the boat needed a lot of trim to get moving,prop might need a little more lift?

4. Banned
    Quad IV X O/B

5. Member
    Has anyone ran a bravo with success?

I'm running my stock 28 bravo from my 2100 right now. I like the handling, and holeshot better with a tournament load in the heat than the stock 27T1. Youll give up a mile or two an hour top end in the process. I may end up with the hydro motive that Jr Britt mentioned, just have to decide to get one built. As of now I'm planning on my 28 bravo being my summer prop and the 27T1 for the rest of the year.

7. Member
    I liked the way my2100 ran with the bravo,very flat with very little trim.The t1 requires a lot of trim on the sterling to get it going.Does your sterling run similar to the 2100 with the bravo?

From an overall attitude standpoint in relation to the prop at cruising speed and wide open yes it's similar. However the ride, handling, and overall feel of the boat is very different than a 2100 regardless of prop. Nature of the beast I'd guess.

9. Member
    Can't get a hydro for a couple months,going to look around but thank's for the help.