Question Best Glue to Use

Okay, I have carpet that has started to peel away from inside the rodbox on the gunnel's, both sides. Whats the best glue to use? I was think of using some of that 3M Spray. Any thoughts? It does not look like they originally did not use a lot or hardly any glue at all, should I scuff it up any?

Thanks
    2020 BassChamps Central Lake Belton 1st - Feb 2
    2019 Media Bass Individual Champion - Richland Chambers Sep 7-8
    2019 CAST Champions - Sam Rayburn Oct 19-20
    2011 BassChamps East Region Champions-Sam Rayburn Oct 1-2

2020 Bullet 21XRS 2020 Mercury 250 ProXS 4 Stroke
    Texas Realtor
    Helping Texans buy and Sell their Homes

Rubber cement. Coat the surface & the back of the carpet. Let them sit until it gets tacky then press together.
    Darrall Dougherty

3. Member
    DAP Weldwood SKU 274003 I think it is 00443.
    Speed cost money. How fast ya wanna go? I have done so much for so long with so little. I can now do the impossible with nothing!

That 3M Super 90 will work well for what you want to fix.... Spray both surfaces, and let them get tacky before laying it down... I would not use this stuff on the deck though...
    Layton Strong
    Nitro State Team

IMO the best glue to use is what you get from an upholstery shop. I don't know what it is but it's green and gooey. I go to my local upholstery shop with a metal can and they fill it up for me. If they're good people your local shop will do the same. It's a contact cement. Apply to both sides and let it get tacky. Once it's stuck, it destroys the carpet if you try to remove it. I know this from experience.

6. BBC SPONSOR/ Shallow Water Anchors Moderator
    Weldwood.. nothing better

7. Member
    Currently using the stuff from Lowes. Easy to apply but I guess time will tell as to how it holds up.