Nitro z8 tandem trailer noise

I have a 2015 nitro z8 with 20-25000 miles on it and when I cross cracks I the road the break calipers shake and rattle and I am wondering if there is any adjustment I can make to bring the caliper closer to the rotor to stop the shake/rattle.

Reasons i I belive the rattle is from the caliper being loose is when I was getting tires installed I was playing with them and when I coast the noises stop.

2. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    Your calipers shouldn't be loose. Tighten the bolts that mount them to the flange.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

3. Member
    I wonder if they are bled too?

So I went under the trailer this afternoon, I see the bolts I could tighten but they are not loose so I didn't do anything to them. While I was laying there I rolled a tire into my truck just a tiny bit and the breaks grabbed and all rattle is gone. Both sides like this. I checked brake fluid level and it is full. The breaks do work very smooth and will lock up to avoid deer collision, I know this.

5. Member
    In my OPINION rattling brakes are not a problem. As long as the calipers are bolted down, if the pads are loose it's a good thing, the calipers aren't sticking. You might check the clearance on your wheel bearings in case they are knocking the pads back too far.

Yeah I don't think it's a problem other than there annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    In my OPINION rattling brakes are not a problem. As long as the calipers are bolted down, if the pads are loose it's a good thing, the calipers aren't sticking. You might check the clearance on your wheel bearings in case they are knocking the pads back too far.
    Can you explain ?

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    Can you explain ?
    If the pads rattle they are loose on the slide pins, a good thing because that can be bad if they stick, and the calipers aren't sticking keeping the pads on the rotor.

If the bearings have excessive clearance the rotors can knock the pads back (away) from them.