Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Relion lithium users?

Im considering a 100Ah cranking battery. I've read the minn kota 460 pc will charge this battery. I'd appreciate
    comments from those who have the relion battery and charge with the minn kota 460 pc.

2. Member
    I just installed four 100Ah Relions and so far I like them. I'm charging with a Dual Pro that I sent back to the factory to recalibrate. Don't see any reason the MK wouldn't work fine

Thanks...I have the 4 bank 60 amp dual pro professional delta volt, I also have a minn kota 460 pc. Ive read that the minn kota on the AGM setting will work.

I have the MK440PC with a Relion 100aH cranking battery. There are no issues. It will work.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Quote Originally Posted by 06 SB View Post
    I have the MK440PC with a Relion 100aH cranking battery. There are no issues. It will work.
    Thanks...just to be clear, you use the AGM setting on the MK440PC?

6. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post

Yes the Minn Kota will work great with the Relion lithiums. Just have it on the AGM setting.

7. Member
    If anyone is wanting to buy Relions,call them,I spoke to Namath,they have a few 125AH batteries, they're selling for the 100 AH price. After failing to jump through FED-X Ground's "hoops" (Someone had to be home to sign, at the times THEY dictate) I should have a pair by next week. Remember though, Relion charges 3% for card-users. If you want to find out all there is to know about them, call Charlie Messina....704-634-4845.
    Last edited by cmb; 08-06-2017 at 04:27 AM.

8. Member
    Just went through the same thing with FedEx on my 5th Relion battery. Wound up having to drive an hour to a FedEx location to pick it up. Apparently the drivers are independent, and don't have to follow any delivery schedule or even advise of a window. They do as they please and there are no consequences.

9. Banned
    Should be fine with an AGM setting but you can always get the charger reprogrammed. I bought 3 100ah batteries and they sent me a free charger

Last edited by TroyBoy30; 08-07-2017 at 07:03 AM.

10. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    If anyone is wanting to buy Relions,call them,I spoke to Namoth,they have a few 125AH batteries, they're selling for the 100 AH price. After failing to jump through FED-X Ground's "hoops" (Someone had to be home to sign, at the times THEY dictate) I should have a pair by next week. Remember though, Relion charges 3% for card-users. If you want to find out all there is to know about them, call Charlie Messina....704-634-4845.

The 125 ah batteries are sold out and yes all shipments from Relion will require someone over the age of 21 to sign. I believe it is freight companies policy due to hazmat.

yes. Also the above info is true for fedex ground only.

i bought mine through hunter689.

USN Retired
    2020 Basscat Caracal
    2020 Mercury 225 ProXS 4s

Thanks

13. Member
    Can anyone tell me the CCA for the 100ah Relion? Can't find any info on that on their website. Thanks, wantING to power a SHO

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rfdong View Post
    Can anyone tell me the CCA for the 100ah Relion? Can't find any info on that on their website. Thanks, wantING to power a SHO
    I was ready to order 3 batteries from Relion, when Charlie Messina (from Relion) advised me against using one of their Lithium batteries for cranking my 125 Mercury. He told me "cranking-times are too long for the battery's intended purpose", as CCA's aren't what these batteries are designed for. I ended up with 2- 100 AH Relions + a 30 Amp DC to DC 24 to 12 volt converter, into a terminal block,(per Charlie's instructions) With this set-up, I can run all lights, LCR's, pumps and bilge off of the Lithiums and leave my cranking battery for starting the outboard only. Sent my Dual Pro 3 bank charger back for lithium- reconfiguration on 2 of the banks. Everything's back together but NATURALLY my work schedule prevents getting out!

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cmb View Post
    I was ready to order 3 batteries from Relion, when Charlie Messina (from Relion) advised me against using one of their Lithium batteries for cranking my 125 Mercury. He told me "cranking-times are too long for the battery's intended purpose", as CCA's aren't what these batteries are designed for. I ended up with 2- 100 AH Relions + a 30 Amp DC to DC 24 to 12 volt converter, into a terminal block,(per Charlie's instructions) With this set-up, I can run all lights, LCR's, pumps and bilge off of the Lithiums and leave my cranking battery for starting the outboard only. Sent my Dual Pro 3 bank charger back for lithium- reconfiguration on 2 of the banks. Everything's back together but NATURALLY my work schedule prevents getting out!
    No one told me about that when I bought mine, but it has been cranking my 250 Opti, so far. Did have to send one of my batteries back. Waiting on a replacement. The return process is a hassle.

16. Member
    When I bought my 100 amp Relion for a cranking battery, cranking amps was 1000. But it does say only for a few seconds at a time. But if you don't fire up in a few seconds, you have other issues.

John...I just wonder "few" as in "how many"? I'm sure that goes for the RB 80 as well.

Relions newest RB100 has a new BMS which shut the battery down when trying to start my 250 opti. I went with an RB80 which has the old BMS..it starts the opti easily...but this thread has me wondering if I will have issues. I'm running 4 RB 80AH...my thought is I can always go to battery 2 via the selector if needed. These 80AH are the equivalent of group 31AGM's, so on a typical fishing day I wouldnt think i should have any issues.

18. Member
    Dean, I do have one of the older ones that can be used for cranking. It does make me wonder if there have been cranking problems with some of them, and that is the reason for the change.

19. Banned
    John...I just wonder "few" as in "how many"? I'm sure that goes for the RB 80 as well.

Relions newest RB100 has a new BMS which shut the battery down when trying to start my 250 opti. I went with an RB80 which has the old BMS..it starts the opti easily...but this thread has me wondering if I will have issues. I'm running 4 RB 80AH...my thought is I can always go to battery 2 via the selector if needed. These 80AH are the equivalent of group 31AGM's, so on a typical fishing day I wouldnt think i should have any issues.
    They are simply redesigning the BMs to differiate between the deep cycle and starting

20. Member
    So do you need to designate which battery you want now? Not seeing a cranking battery on their site. Can you elaborate Troy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast