Thread: Live well pump?

Live well pump?

89 champion, looked all over can't seem to find where the pump would be. Looks like the aeration line is attached to the back but there's nothing in the opposite side. I've read other people with other boats mention it being under the gas tank. Seems like an awful spot for it. How big of a project is this to replace?

Has anyone found any easier solution? Its 2017 i would think there must be a better place to put a simple pump. I'm not opposed to bypassing the old one and installing a new one somewhere else if there's a way.

2. Born on th Llano Estacado Tx Champ's Avatar
    The Aerate (livewell fill) pump is on the step with the bilge drain, livewell overflow, and livewell drain. Here is a shot of the bilge area of the 93 201 I had. The pump labeled "Livewell fill pump" is the aerate pump. On the outside, it should have a screen over the intake to keep trash out.

The Hydro (livewell recirculate) pump is located on the rear of the livewell. This is probably different for boats with front and rear livewells. ChampioNman may be able to clarify this.

I realize it's 2017, but every bass boat out there still has this basic design to fill the livewell. If you have a 24 gal tank in the center, you'll need to drain it and pull it to get to the bilge. If you have a horseshoe tank like above. There is an access panel between the two halves that will come out. In my case, the batteries and oil tank had to come out to get the hatch off.

3. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I've got an 89 and my tank is 180* different than Reggie's. My tank butts against the livewell wall so If I have to access the panel the tank has to either slide towards the stern or come out. But like Reggie's my livewell pump mounts through the transom. Bad thing to access everything the batteries and my oil tank have to come out. I have dual rear livewells on mine. On some models there is a front well and a rear well. Mine has dry storage, most owners with the front well disconnect and tap off the fill line and use it for storage. Many moons ago I lived up in your neck of the woods but transferred to the warm and sunny south back in 1991.

Yes mine has the big gas tank across the whole back. It's got one big live well behind the seats and a plexi glass separation so its like 2 live wells but sharing the water. So i guess i have to remove the gas tank oil tank and batteries to get to it. Fun is.

There is a screen on one if the holes outside the boat as well as inside the well.

Well my gas gauge doesn't work and actually quite a few other minor things so i guess i could devote a few other days to wiring and plumbing instead of fishing.

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    Need an owners manual? Post up your email and I'll send you one.