How to make a Fortrex seaworthy?

I'm thinking of taking my boat to fish intercostal salt water. What would I need to do to make a Fortrex with US2 seaworthy/salt water resistant? I would only be fishing 2 or 3 days at a time just a couple times a year. I already have the boat and trailer issues covered.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

2. Member
    Just rinse the crap out of it with fresh water every afternoon. Also, MinnKota makes an anode nut that replaces the freshwater nut that goes on the saltwater models. I'd get that and install it definitely. Frankly, from what I have read here, most of the hardware on even the high end bass boats is not stainless or at least not 316 stainless so I'd give the entire boat a good freshwater bath everyday.
    Last edited by Marshfly; 06-22-2017 at 11:05 AM.

3. Member
    If it is a foot control, I would take it off the boat.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteboat View Post
    If it is a foot control, I would take it off the boat.
    Why?
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Why?
    All the exposed stuff in the pedal will corrode like crazy. That's one reason you don't see them on salt water boats. Don't need any exposed parts around salt

6. Member
    Just spray is liberally with Boeshield before you go. Actually, that's not a bad idea every once in a while anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Marshfly View Post
    Just rinse the crap out of it with fresh water every afternoon. Also, MinnKota makes an anode nut that replaces the freshwater nut that goes on the saltwater models. I'd get that and install it definitely. Frankly, from what I have read here, most of the hardware on even the high end bass boats is not stainless or at least not 316 stainless so I'd give the entire boat a good freshwater bath everyday.

Does anyone know the part number for the anode nut? I have looked everywhere I can think and cant find this.
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

8. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    Does anyone know the part number for the anode nut? I have looked everywhere I can think and cant find this.

https://www.amazon.com/Minn-Kota-Sac.../dp/B000E8BJKI

Expensive nut!!

9. Member
    eBay is your friend for that nut at about $15 shipped