Hydrostream transom repair

My daughter (14) just purchased a vintage 77 Hydrostream 17' Vamp for a daddy daughter project and it is in nice shape except for some stress cracks in the corners of the transom. Does anyone know of repair kit (3"angle aluminum?)to help this out a little? Jeff 218-780-1205

2. Member
    Go over to Scream and Fly forum and ask those guys. Tons of knowledge on these rockets.
    1997 STRATOS 285 PE EVINRUDE INTRUDER 175

Putting a piece of angle on the transom wont fix it you gotta go inside

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

4. Member
    if your transom has issues with rotten plywood check out seacast products.my dad had a venture bass boat that the transom was probably 60 % gone and used the product.i know he ran the boat for another 10 years with no problems at all.then he sold the boat.he said he thought the transom was actually stronger than the original transom after using the product.if all you have is cracking you may be ok,may only be stress cracks.most boats have them.just keep check on it after use.good luck
    keep working,your neighbor thanks you

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBro View Post
    My daughter (14) just purchased a vintage 77 Hydrostream 17' Vamp for a daddy daughter project and it is in nice shape except for some stress cracks in the corners of the transom. Does anyone know of repair kit (3"angle aluminum?)to help this out a little? Jeff 218-780-1205
    If your daughter's transom is gone, you can be assured the stringers and transom knees are rotted as well. You are looking at a cap off rotisserie restoration. Sea Dek is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckyBro View Post
    The fact that you 14 year old daughter bought that boat is just awesome. Good luck with your repairs and congrats to you and your daughter on a fun project.
    Stroker DC21 Mercury 250 XB