North Long Lake Bite?

For the week of the 4th I will be on North Long Lake near Brainerd and wondering if anyone has heard how the fish are biting? I have read the lake is 18" high due to rains and curious about its affects on the bites?

Thanks in advance.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

2. Member
    The lake is loaded with bass. They're always biting!!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RFeyoMN View Post
    The lake is loaded with bass. They're always biting!!
    RFeyoMN,

I know if the past the bass bite has been very good in July, just was not too sure since the lake level is up 18" from I have been told.

Last year I was slaying them on a pumpkin senko in the shallows. Going to try that again along with a Ned rig.

Thanks
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

4. Member
    Bite has been SLOW. Which stinks as I want my 13 year old daughter to catch her limit of large mouths and flip her switch to join me when I hit the water in Florida.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S

5. Member
    Wish I could help, as NL is one of my favorite bass lakes to fish...I haven't been up there yet this year. If I went tomorrow...i'd probably start early in the reeds but would be on the weedlines in short order. There should be plenty to catch on the edges in the obvious "looking" spots, assuming you have mapping.

6. Member
    A spook or popper in the morning along inside turns, then transition to a jig worm once the sun gets over the tree tops. The jig worm is a Minnesota shaky head. Rig up a 3/32 or 1/8 oz head with 7" Powerworm, 5" Senko, or whatever plastic you've taken a liking to - pumpkin or watermelon when the sun is out, black or redshad when you've got cloud cover. Find the edge on obvious spots, turns, points, etc and you'll catch fish. North Long is loaded with fish. 50-100 days are not uncommon there. The reeds can be a real wild card too and kick out nice fish.

7. Member
    Thanks all for the replies. Tomorrow morning we are heading out with a local guide so hopefully my daughter gets a sore arm from reeling them in!
    Last edited by cfm56doc; 07-05-2017 at 10:52 PM.
    2013 Z118 w/Merc 150 4S