Looking at a 2000 stratos 20ss

I've rode in a few but not this model. I'm thinking the hull will be fine. But it is powered by a 2000 h.o evinrude. Anyone got any feed back. I've always had merc. Til my last boat had a Yamaha. I've been saying Yamaha is all I would own.

2. Member
    my brother-in-law and I fished out of one for years.good solid boat.pretty fast hull.if I remember correctly it had a plain 200 hp Johnson on it that ran very well.i don't think the front deck is as wide as todays newer ones but I felt like it still had plenty of room.tons of room in the back.i didn't know that evinrude had a h.o. engine in the year 2000.i do know I have a 2009 150 ho that has given me zero problems with over 300 hours on it.i also know its hard to get away from a Yamaha engine.good luck with whatever you decide.
    "keep your blood thin,you will live longer"

3. Banned
    Post over on the Stratos Boat page if you haven't already... Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dnolen View Post
    I've rode in a few but not this model. I'm thinking the hull will be fine. But it is powered by a 2000 h.o evinrude. Anyone got any feed back. I've always had merc. Til my last boat had a Yamaha. I've been saying Yamaha is all I would own.
    If you are dead set on a Stratos...and a 20 footer...I would look for a 200 XL or a 20 XL if your budget will allow for it.

5. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dnolen View Post
    Go on Facebook and look up stratos owners page. Make a post there and tag "tre Disney". He has a 20ss and is very pleased. Stratos boats IMO are great boats.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

6. Member
    mine has been great still fishes like new motor great also---what motor is on it exactly?? year??
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

7. Member
    If it is still around, it must not be one of the defective hulls that leaned and wouldn't plane out correctly. I had one of those and OMC/Stratos did the right thing and gave me a 100% refund. Mine had a 225 ficht and the motor was pretty good. With that being said, drive it and make sure it pops on plane correctly. You will be happier if you can find a 201 in some configuration. It's one of the best bass hulls ever.

8. Member
    The gas gauge will move faster than the speedometer when you open it up.