Dale Hollow night fishing

Me and the fam and another couple are headed to lilydale Sunday and going to be camping there all week. Never fished Dale before and anxious to see if I can hook into some small jaws, never fished strictly for smallies so I'm a fresh rookie on them. Greenies are always welcome to latch on too. What area or areas close to camp would be a good or decent place to start? Not asking for peeps honey holes, just looking for some advice so we don't spend all week looking and not hooking. Haven't been on Dale in many years and especially at night. I have all gen3 HDS equipment so I don't have to worry about getting lost thank goodness.
    We will be out every day too looking and keeping a lure in the water so hopefully we can turn it into a good fun week. Also if anyone can point me in the direction of the flooded school foundation I would like to go scan around it and maybe get some good screenshots. Or anything underwater, bridge, boat, etc, that would be awesome to scan let me know. I posted a pic a while back of a bridge at Tims Ford and it was the best screenshot yet. Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    Around the Lilydale area of the lake is where you want to be for smallmouth. Shouldn't be hard to find a few with your HDS graphs. Not sure what mapping card you're using, but look for the underwater points, creek channels, and creek bends. Go scan those areas for bait fish, that's where you'll find the smallies. To look at the underwater building foundations you need to be around the corner from Lilydale in the Willow Grove area of the lake.
    21XRD Bullet, Mercury 250XS
    Helix 10 SI
    Helix 10 DI
    Helix 5 (GPS only)

20XRD Bullet, 2.4L Bridgeport Merc
    899ci HD SI
    859ci HD DI

3. Member
    I've got the navionics hotmap platinum cards

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy111 View Post
    I've got the navionics hotmap platinum cards