Lowe Stinger 198

I have been looking at a 2017 Lowe 198. It has lots of storage and a big front deck, both of which are important to me. The boat is outside on the dealer's lot and the only problem I have seen so far is that both front storage compartments had water standing in them. Is this common and if so can anything be done about it to make and keep them "dry storage"? Thanks.

2. Member
    Good question! My storage compartments get wet during the rains. I wonder if there is a rubber trim or gasket would solve this?

3. Banned
    They're tin boats, storage compartments are gonna get wet. Even if you seal them condensation will build up. It's just one of the negatives with these tins rigs just have to live with it and find solutions.

4. Member
    There is one of them at the local cabelas and it looks like a nice rig at a casual glance. Lowe makes a 20 foot catfish model that would make a fine rig IMO if they offered that hull catered to the bass crowd.

5. Member
    Thanks for the replies. I really like the boat, but would like it even more if I didn't have to worry about drying everything out if by chance I got caught in a some rain or from condensation.

Quote Originally Posted by volshw1962 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. I really like the boat, but would like it even more if I didn't have to worry about drying everything out if by chance I got caught in a some rain or from condensation.
    I'd also take a look at the Ranger 198. The compartments on that boat will have a better chance of staying dry plus this boat has a pad hull. Based on reviews so far it seems to run very well.

7. Banned
    Putting the boat away dry and keeping it covered with a quality cover that is vented will do wonders.