Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Buck456 View Post
    I can tell u this a battle born battery can not be used as a cranking battery for a pro xs motor. Great people to talk to and I feel they do make a good product but they are for trolling motor only.. The bms will not allow the battery to start a pro xs.
    Any idea why?

2. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by dean c View Post
    Any idea why?
    Yes. The bms (Battery Management System) wont allow it to put out the required current to fully crank the motor long enough to start. It lacks about another second or 2. It's just in the setup of the bms. Otherwise I feel they are a great trolling battery, and always answer the phone when called, and answer all your questions. They originally are in the rv market.

3. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Any idea why?
    Its within the BMS and set for deep cycle only. Similar to the Relion SC batteries, that only have 350cca available.

Thanks for that info...

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsin09 View Post
    Yeah who wants the world's leading battery manufacturing plant in a future where batteries will play a huge role. States got into a bidding war they wanted the factory so bad.What a waste of taxpayer money it would be much better if it was put towards important projects. Like a wall to keep out those pesky mexicans
    Imagine that, you're from New York. After reading your post I figured Cali or NY and I was right. Musk and his investors should be footing the bill for that project, they're the ones that will profit from it whereas all the illegals affect all of us so build the wall.

Nice to see another company offering lithium for the boat. Thanks stewartgl for the battle born link.

6. BBC SPONSOR
    Spent some time researching the "battleborn" lithiums this afternoon. Seems like they are the real deal. Someone from the company is active on an rv forum and the post's he puts up sound very knowledgeable...They only are making a 12 volt 100AH unit as of now, the website is solid, and the price is much more reasonable..with the caveat that warranty is only 3 years.

heres the thread..the battleborn guy checks in on page 2 or 3.

http://www.airforums.com/forums/f449...es-162132.html
    Now Battle Born batteries is active on BBC. The warrantee is 3 year free replacement and 2 year pro rated. I have been running them for couple months now on my ultrex 112 and love them. They never die, drop off, or even seem like I stress them. For an even better deal on these use coupon code Buck50! to receive $100 off per battery.
    https://battlebornbatteries.com/ coupon code: Buck50!
    Last edited by Buck456; 08-01-2017 at 06:44 PM.

Hey buck50 should be $150 off!!

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by alli ss View Post
    Hey buck50 should be $150 off!!
    Lol. Yeah that's what I was thinking. I didn't get to pick the promo code but I like it. Still $799 per and free shipping on a 100 ah lithium deep cycle is probably the best you'll find. Also dont forget the ! On Buck50!

9. Member
    Do you need a special charging system for the battleborn batteries? I will need to replace my batts before next season, and my ranger could stand to lose a few hundred pounds
    Last edited by Dh0ckey11; 08-02-2017 at 08:57 AM. Reason: misspelling
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    Do you need a special charging system for the battleborn batteries? I will need to replace my batts before next season, and my ranger could stand to lose a few hundred pounds
    The minn kota precision chargers on the AGM setting will charge lithiums.

I can tell u this a battle born battery can not be used as a cranking battery for a pro xs motor. Great people to talk to and I feel they do make a good product but they are for trolling motor only.. The bms will not allow the battery to start a pro xs.
    As a heads up the newest Relion RB100 would not start my Optimax...I was told that they have changed the BMS in that battery to deep cycle only.

12. BBC SPONSOR
    Quote Originally Posted by Dh0ckey11 View Post
    I charge mine with a Minn kota 460 pc set on agm. I can run my trolling motor all day and they are fully recharged in less than 2hrs.

13. Banned
    i charge my relions with the free charger they gave me that's programmed to charge them

14. Member
    Now Battle Born batteries is active on BBC. The warrantee is 3 year free replacement and 2 year pro rated. I have been running them for couple months now on my ultrex 112 and love them. They never die, drop off, or even seem like I stress them. For an even better deal on these use coupon code Buck50! to receive $100 off per battery.
    Damn you BBC! I've been needing to replace my Interstates and now with that coupon code I will soon be running lithiums. $1612 to my door for 2 plus 2 of the straps...and I'm going to have to send my charger to Dual Pro to reprogram 2 of the banks.

15. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>

Just curious what the reserve capacity is on these batteries have and at what load rating?

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    Just curious what the reserve capacity is on these batteries have and at what load rating?
    The way it was explained to me was that lithium batteries don't have a RC rating as the calculation is like the number of minutes it takes for the battery to fall below 10.5 volts at a discharge rate of 25 amps. Apparently the voltage of lithiums remains flat until it is fully discharged. I don't know what the best way to compare would be.

17. Member
    The minn kota precision chargers on the AGM setting will charge lithiums.
    I just did a little research and I may need to replace my charger even if I don't go Lithium. . It never ends.
    2021 Caymas CX21/Mercury 250 Pro XS

18. <B>BBC SPONSOR</B>
    Quote Originally Posted by willwork4fish View Post
    The way it was explained to me was that lithium batteries don't have a RC rating as the calculation is like the number of minutes it takes for the battery to fall below 10.5 volts at a discharge rate of 25 amps. Apparently the voltage of lithiums remains flat until it is fully discharged. I don't know what the best way to compare would be.
    True, lithium batteries are rated in AH. However when you and if you look at every company that provides a lithium battery they will provide a reserve capacity for their batteries. This reserve capacity is how long(typically measured in minutes) it takes that 100ah* battery to be discharged to a certain voltage with a certain load. Example if you look at Lithionics, Lithium Pros, and Relion they all provide a reserve capacity for their batteries with a particular load. Lithionic 110ah battery has a 264 minute reserve capacity before it reaches the cutoff voltage.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter689 View Post
    True, lithium batteries are rated in AH. However when you and if you look at every company that provides a lithium battery they will provide a reserve capacity for their batteries. This reserve capacity is how long(typically measured in minutes) it takes that 100ah* battery to be discharged to a certain voltage with a certain load. Example if you look at Lithionics, Lithium Pros, and Relion they all provide a reserve capacity for their batteries with a particular load. Lithionic 110ah battery has a 264 minute reserve capacity before it reaches the cutoff voltage.
    Would it not be as simple as just dividing the load into the ah rating to get the time in hours, then multiply by 60 to get your minutes? 50 amps/ 100 ah = 2 hrs = 120 min. 20 amps/100 ah = 5 hours = 300 minutes...and so on. What am I missing, aside from some loss of efficiency due to wire runs? Are the ah ratings not right? I'm assuming the ah ratings they give are 12v ah ratings. If not that could add some complication...
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360

20. BBC SPONSOR
    One thing you have to remember is if you discharge a lead acid battery at 50% depth of discharge it will effect the number of cycles that it will have. Not even mentioning a drop off in power. Battle Born batteries can be discharged well below 50% and there is no drop off. With my old lead acid batteries I would typically run on 5 on my Ultrex as the day went on I would have to move the speed setting up due to the drop off. My Battle Born batteries I run on speed setting 3 to 4 all day. I see no drop off.. It's solid all day.. When the weather cools and I'm going to log some 12 hr days and I am confident i will see no drop off on trolling power, and the number of cycles will be many times more than older technology.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast